NGD: Welcome to the Core

Johnny Rigs

"Hold on to your butts" - Samuel L Jackson
Very happy to welcome the first core model to my home. A 2015 DGT in a Black Gold 10 Top. I should thank those of you who helped me in my thread deciding between this and a CE-22. I believe I made the right choice. Ok, pics!

ClzVEZc.jpg

GFRpbaG.jpg

Time to split up the Gibby's. There's a new sheriff in town.

pZy4ejO.jpg

I need to spend more time with this guitar, naturally. But I'm already starting to get a picture of where it sits. The DGT pickups actually surprised me. They really ring out. I would say they're a bit more compressed than the '57 Classics in my LP Traditional, but not at all dull. And their output easily matches the 490R/498T pickups in the LP Studio, but with more clarity on some open strings, possibly more emphasis in some of the higher mid-range? I'm not a spectrum analyser, so what do I know. There's no lack of bass, though, that's for sure.

What else I know, and what makes me already convinced I chose wisely over the CE-22, is the sound of the DGT coils when split. I have a 20yo Strat that's not pictured because I don't play it. I don't care for the 'thin, stringy' kind of sound I hear from single coils. I can deal w/ a neck pickup on a clean channel, but that's it. But on this DGT, it has a great bell chime when split but without getting thin. I think the split middle position is my favorite to start off, which I didn't expect.

Thanks for being welcoming to the new guy and helping me make the right decision~

Great figuring, cracking colour and I really love the dots (I know this will be an unpopular comment and isn’t meant offensively).

I like the understated fretboard, really allows the body to pop!

Good to hear a verbal tone report too!

Enjoy:D

Congrats! I will always have a soft spot for the DGT. It never ceases to amaze me how sleek and slender a PRS looks beside Gibson LPs. It’s like a Ferrari beside a Bentley.

That is stellar! I’m so glad you dig the DGT. It’s tough to make recommendations when the investment is high and you don’t completely know what an Internet buddy plays. But unless you’re mostly into metal, the DGT has impressed every player I know to try it. Plug it into a 50w single channel amp and see what really makes this guitar special. :cool: Congrats!

Back