NGD - Special Semi-Hollow Limited Edition in Burnt Mapleleaf

In for another gander at that bad boy. Beautiful guitar! I know it’ll sound amazing.

SWEET guitar!!

@shinksma

I want one of these VERY badly - but semi-hollow guitars and I don't historically get a long. The demo video makes the guitar seem very clear - which is what I am after. Is that accurate? I usually find SH guitar to be a bit more muted and "rounder".....

How does it respond to higher gain? I am looking for something that can be an all around studio instrument (as much as possible) - something that will grind, sing, wail, and whisper. In your time with it, what do you think?

I am thinking of ordering Autumn Sky....

@markd21 :

Well, I played it through the Archon clean channel with a fair bit of dirt from a BMP type pedal while doing my Gilmour impression, and I actually couldn't get it to feed back as easily as I wanted (obviously need a bit more volume or gain!).

And previously I had played some nice djenty stuff through the lead channel of the Archon (which is a very high gain amp), and nothing got out of control, even with a distortion or dirt pedal engaged in front of the amp.

So the semi-hollow is not making it too prone to feedback.

It does sound a bit "rounder" than a typical PRS total solid body, but not at the cost of clarity - it still seems to maintain that.

It sounds quite nice when strummed acoustically, of course - not as full or loud as a full hollowbody, but much more than a regular solid body.

Dunno what else to say - it is indeed a very nice all-purpose guitar that plays stunningly well, no real compromises!

If I hadn't already bought one and had heard what it could do, I would go out and buy one!

Mmmmmmmmmm-me too!!!

Great guitar Shinksma...Congrats!
Very nice meeting you and Mrs Shinksma at PRSX.
Indeed, it was great for both of us to meet you and all the rest of the gang at Experience!

So, whatcha got a deposit on? One of Brian's Wood Library run?

@markd21 :

Well, I played it through the Archon clean channel with a fair bit of dirt from a BMP type pedal while doing my Gilmour impression, and I actually couldn't get it to feed back as easily as I wanted (obviously need a bit more volume or gain!).

And previously I had played some nice djenty stuff through the lead channel of the Archon (which is a very high gain amp), and nothing got out of control, even with a distortion or dirt pedal engaged in front of the amp.

So the semi-hollow is not making it too prone to feedback.

It does sound a bit "rounder" than a typical PRS total solid body, but not at the cost of clarity - it still seems to maintain that.

It sounds quite nice when strummed acoustically, of course - not as full or loud as a full hollowbody, but much more than a regular solid body.

Dunno what else to say - it is indeed a very nice all-purpose guitar that plays stunningly well, no real compromises!

If I hadn't already bought one and had heard what it could do, I would go out and buy one!

Thanks, man!!!!

So I've posted in few other threads related to the model release itself or the Expereince 2018, but I got some outside-in-sunshine shots finally, so here's a NGD thread!

K6C1eGe.jpg

N2jbdRf.jpg

leNf3Oc.jpg

ZQRYqVY.jpg

j2NMNIi.jpg

I'v played it three nights in a row now, and it continues to shine, with all the various tones I can get from the pickup selections. As mentioned elsewhere, I think it has 12 different combinations of pickups and coil tapping or not.

Oh, it was slamming my Archon last night, great clean and lead tones!

Good strat position 2 and 4 tones with coil taps activated.

Trem feels great, nice and stable - as always is my Experience with PRS. (See what I did there?)

Weight is nice - I haven't weighed it, but the semi-hollow obviously helps. Not neck heavy.

A huge shout out to Brian's Guitars for having this on display at Experience 2018 - I couldn't keep my eyes off it!

Oh, and the strap was picked up at the West St Store at Experience 2018. Had to have a nice strap for my new beauty!
This guitar really shines.
Congrats Shinksma.

Back