NGD - Special Semi-Hollow Limited Edition in Burnt Mapleleaf

Great pictures!

I can honestly say that is one beautiful guitar because I've never been a huge fan of that color, but that one makes me reconsider.
I was the same, I never went "wow" at burnt mapleleaf. Until I saw it (or at least this one) in person. Then I had to have it. I figure perhaps too many websites over-enhance the contrast (because that usually does give prettier results), but with this finish it can make the orange look like someone just took a big highlighter to the outline of a gray guitar. The orange is very subtle in how it blends in.

I did no such enhancememts.

Beautiful!!! I, too, am a fan of the Burnt Maple Leaf (my Custom 24 in my avatar is the same color).

Thanks for the pics and the first impressions....I'm really wanting one of these.

I have a question for you. I had a Custom 22 with 3 P90's that I had to let go because the middle pickup just kept getting in the way of picking. I was constantly hitting it with either my hand or the pick or both. Does the middle narrow field pickup get in your way at all? Or is it like a Strat where you do not even notice it's there? (My apologies for that nasty "S" word).
I have no issues playing "over" pickups, because I vary my picking location for tone and attack purposes anyway. I will strum/pick right up against the bridge all the way up to my fretting hand at times. So the extra pup is no issue to me.

And thanks everyone for the positive comments! My other PRSi are going to be a bit jealous for a while, as this one is gonna get a lot of loving...

I have no issues playing "over" pickups, because I vary my picking location for tone and attack purposes anyway. I will strum/pick right up against the bridge all the way up to my fretting hand at times. So the extra pup is no issue to me.
Thanks so much! I am strongly considering one of these. Yours is a work of art!

What a beautiful guitar and some great photos, in a lovely setting.

Enjoy this work of art and your others for many years.

I just played through one of my favorite songs, playing along with the CD. Comfortably Numb (Delicate Sound of Thunder version). This is the song where I really learned how to solo (and sing, to an extent). Have been playing it ever since the CD came out, back in 1988 or 89. I have played it with a variety of guitars over the years, including my Mexi-Strat. (It is also fun to play on the drums!)

Dang that was fun!

Using positions 2 and 4, with coil-taps engaged, this Special Semi-Hollow Ltd hit very close to the mark considering this is a humbucker-based guitar. Sure, I bet the Silver Sky will nail the tone, but if you need "s-type" tones on the same guitar that can give you all that humbucker love, this is a very strong contender!

Yep, my other PRSi are gonna get very jealous...

EDIT: oh, and for @deakle : there is one spot where I am very conscious of where I am picking during the final solo, when I'm using the trem simultaneously with string bends - as it turns out, the pick ends up hitting in that open spot between the NF and the neck pup. No issues with pick hitting pups.

But didn't notice it the rest of the time either, when I probably pick in different areas, including right over the NF.

SWEET guitar!!

@shinksma

I want one of these VERY badly - but semi-hollow guitars and I don't historically get a long. The demo video makes the guitar seem very clear - which is what I am after. Is that accurate? I usually find SH guitar to be a bit more muted and "rounder".....

How does it respond to higher gain? I am looking for something that can be an all around studio instrument (as much as possible) - something that will grind, sing, wail, and whisper. In your time with it, what do you think?

I am thinking of ordering Autumn Sky....

So I've posted in few other threads related to the model release itself or the Expereince 2018, but I got some outside-in-sunshine shots finally, so here's a NGD thread!

K6C1eGe.jpg

N2jbdRf.jpg

leNf3Oc.jpg

ZQRYqVY.jpg

j2NMNIi.jpg

I'v played it three nights in a row now, and it continues to shine, with all the various tones I can get from the pickup selections. As mentioned elsewhere, I think it has 12 different combinations of pickups and coil tapping or not.

Oh, it was slamming my Archon last night, great clean and lead tones!

Good strat position 2 and 4 tones with coil taps activated.

Trem feels great, nice and stable - as always is my Experience with PRS. (See what I did there?)

Weight is nice - I haven't weighed it, but the semi-hollow obviously helps. Not neck heavy.

A huge shout out to Brian's Guitars for having this on display at Experience 2018 - I couldn't keep my eyes off it!

Oh, and the strap was picked up at the West St Store at Experience 2018. Had to have a nice strap for my new beauty!
I like it, very very nice!

Back