NGD - Special Semi-Hollow Limited Edition in Burnt Mapleleaf

shinksma

What? I get a title?
So I've posted in few other threads related to the model release itself or the Expereince 2018, but I got some outside-in-sunshine shots finally, so here's a NGD thread!

K6C1eGe.jpg

N2jbdRf.jpg

leNf3Oc.jpg

ZQRYqVY.jpg

j2NMNIi.jpg

I'v played it three nights in a row now, and it continues to shine, with all the various tones I can get from the pickup selections. As mentioned elsewhere, I think it has 12 different combinations of pickups and coil tapping or not.

Oh, it was slamming my Archon last night, great clean and lead tones!

Good strat position 2 and 4 tones with coil taps activated.

Trem feels great, nice and stable - as always is my Experience with PRS. (See what I did there?)

Weight is nice - I haven't weighed it, but the semi-hollow obviously helps. Not neck heavy.

A huge shout out to Brian's Guitars for having this on display at Experience 2018 - I couldn't keep my eyes off it!

Oh, and the strap was picked up at the West St Store at Experience 2018. Had to have a nice strap for my new beauty!

“She’s a beaut Clark!”

Makes me think about flipping my neck pickup on my Brent Mason.
...or I could just get one of those!
Enjoy it.

So I've posted in few other threads related to the model release itself or the Expereince 2018, but I got some outside-in-sunshine shots finally, so here's a NGD thread!

K6C1eGe.jpg

N2jbdRf.jpg

leNf3Oc.jpg

ZQRYqVY.jpg

j2NMNIi.jpg

I'v played it three nights in a row now, and it continues to shine, with all the various tones I can get from the pickup selections. As mentioned elsewhere, I think it has 12 different combinations of pickups and coil tapping or not.

Oh, it was slamming my Archon last night, great clean and lead tones!

Good strat position 2 and 4 tones with coil taps activated.

Trem feels great, nice and stable - as always is my Experience with PRS. (See what I did there?)

Weight is nice - I haven't weighed it, but the semi-hollow obviously helps. Not neck heavy.

A huge shout out to Brian's Guitars for having this on display at Experience 2018 - I couldn't keep my eyes off it!

Oh, and the strap was picked up at the West St Store at Experience 2018. Had to have a nice strap for my new beauty!
I have a question for you. I had a Custom 22 with 3 P90's that I had to let go because the middle pickup just kept getting in the way of picking. I was constantly hitting it with either my hand or the pick or both. Does the middle narrow field pickup get in your way at all? Or is it like a Strat where you do not even notice it's there? (My apologies for that nasty "S" word).

Back