NGD - Sort of an impulse buy....

dcm_guitar

On Saturday I traded in an older guitar and got this:

p2_uqris0pe0_so.jpg

Obviously, the above is a stock image, but it's precisely like what I bought. It's an amazingly fun guitar with a lot of interesting tones. It plays great. The set-up has been tweaked to my liking. If a Tele, a Strat and a LP had a weird, drunken menage-a-trois (with an SG acting as a voyeur) this is what would result.

On Sunday I was re-mixing a "finished" song. I decided the guitar parts in the verse and chorus need a little extra, so I plugged this guy in and laid down a couple of quick parts to fill out the sound. It has a different sound (and a different vibe) and really did a nice job filling in the sound. I was expecting it to be mostly a clean/crunch type guitar. However, I ended up recording a high-gain rhythm part during the chorus with this guitar and it produced a really different and cool tone.

I'm a happy camper. Now if my CU24 would just come in...........

Why do you all insist on making me want a vela?!?

Oh, just buy the darn thing. I won't get into specifics, but I traded a 2011 American Special Strat HSS. I got a very reasonable trade-in value and walked out with the Vela at a price where I simply told my wife about it after the fact. She saw that it was a PRS and nervously asked, "How much?" I said, "I traded in my sunburst Strat and paid $X." She went, "Oh." and then shrugged her shoulders.

I said I wasn't buying another guitar with a glossy neck, but this thing plays great and it really spoke to me.

Oh, just buy the darn thing. I won't get into specifics, but I traded a 2011 American Special Strat HSS. I got a very reasonable trade-in value and walked out with the Vela at a price where I simply told my wife about it after the fact. She saw that it was a PRS and nervously asked, "How much?" I said, "I traded in my sunburst Strat and paid $X." She went, "Oh." and then shrugged her shoulders.

I said I wasn't buying another guitar with a glossy neck, but this thing plays great and it really spoke to me.

Love the guitar. Love the the buy now and ask for forgiveness later:D

Sticking with an impulse buy, I'm at the hospital for my brain surgery. I just purchased a used 2010 se paul allender yesterday. Is this consideted an impulse buy?

Last edited:
Back