NGD! SE Zach Myers!

drdoom8793

THAT guy at Chick-fil-A
Unexpected NGD! Walked into Guitar Center for some strings and walked out with a gently used Zach Myers. Looks stock except for some new pups: Dimarzio Air Central neck and Seymour Duncan Buckley in the bridge. Still feeling it out but so far I'm loving it. It's like the perfect blend of PRS with LP warmth and the semi hollow sustain. It's pretty different from my S2 24 so I'm enjoying that as well.

A00D4710-1CAB-401C-BF45-F1A6F10D3210_zpsq5esozoq.jpg

Family shots!
268D8439-462F-420E-93E4-325EC35AD47F_zpshfyotrvl.jpg

A6795937-BD32-45B6-8E54-2AD404180221_zpspunnjhxh.jpg

7EF3B41E-1F87-4B18-AB18-3E0E72E58D6C_zpssnd5n7lf.jpg

I also have an SE Angelus Custom hiding in the case behind the ZM.

(Everything I know about photography, I learned from Sergio :p)

Last edited:
Grats! I love my Zach... The SE pups were okay, but I had a set of Burstbuckers lying around the house I threw in mine and it sounds so awesome I sold my Les Paul... ;)

Zach1.jpg

These guitars are testament to kind of quality control that PRS manage, even with overseas production. I play my Zach as much as any of my 8 cores; love the neck, and the tones with the Burstbuckers are pure classic rock...

Congrats. I love my ZM ( i have the sunburst). I tried a couple S2s, but I'm not convinced they are worth the upcharge for what my ZM brings.

Thanks guys! I agree, it plays just as well as the S2, plus, the satin neck is really comfortable. Now I just need a Vela.... ;)

Congrats! Love those innocent trips to the store that turn out like this.

Yes another ZM on here! They are definitely great guitars for the price. My 4 SEs are all ZMs (both colors of the semi hollow and both colors of the old solidbodies) and I use them the most, including more than my American Strat.

Grats! I love my Zach... The SE pups were okay, but I had a set of Burstbuckers lying around the house I threw in mine and it sounds so awesome I sold my Les Paul... ;)

Zach1.jpg

These guitars are testament to kind of quality control that PRS manage, even with overseas production. I play my Zach as much as any of my 8 cores; love the neck, and the tones with the Burstbuckers are pure classic rock...

I have that same Peavey can but in Tweed/brown. Did you rewrapped it yourself or did it come in black as well?

I have that same Peavey can but in Tweed/brown. Did you rewrapped it yourself or did it come in black as well?
The Tweed version was for pairing with the Classic 50 head... this one was paired with that weird Wiggy sig amp they did for Dweezel Zappa (in fact, I think that's where this cabinet format originated... the whole Wiggy line had this Gumby meets vintage muscle car vibe)... I've thrown a pair of Eminence in there and it mates well with the Mark V... I like that it's about 50 lbs lighter than my Mesa 4x12 was, but I seldom pull it out any more; my Mesa 1x12" seems to suit just fine the last couple years...

The Tweed version was for pairing with the Classic 50 head... this one was paired with that weird Wiggy sig amp they did for Dweezel Zappa (in fact, I think that's where this cabinet format originated... the whole Wiggy line had this Gumby meets vintage muscle car vibe)... I've thrown a pair of Eminence in there and it mates well with the Mark V... I like that it's about 50 lbs lighter than my Mesa 4x12 was, but I seldom pull it out any more; my Mesa 1x12" seems to suit just fine the last couple years...

Now that you mention it I recall seeing that somewhere; that the "Peavey Classic" as it's called was leftover stock from the Zappa amps (kind of a Jetsons-looking thing) w/just different wrap/cloth. I had an old Crate 4x12 that was just too big/too heavy/too much and this was a perfect replacement. Mine's still got the stock Peavey Blue Marvels in it which I find to be pretty darn good. I removed the input jack and installed a switchable mono/stereo jack plate on the back so I can run true stereo out of my Line 6, and it's great. Not to mention that I got it used for like $170 and at that price it's even better.

Now that you mention it I recall seeing that somewhere; that the "Peavey Classic" as it's called was leftover stock from the Zappa amps (kind of a Jetsons-looking thing) w/just different wrap/cloth. I had an old Crate 4x12 that was just too big/too heavy/too much and this was a perfect replacement. Mine's still got the stock Peavey Blue Marvels in it which I find to be pretty darn good. I removed the input jack and installed a switchable mono/stereo jack plate on the back so I can run true stereo out of my Line 6, and it's great. Not to mention that I got it used for like $170 and at that price it's even better.
I thought the Blue Marvels were fine too, though I'll admit I never got around to breaking them in... I had this mixed pair of Eminence on hand (a Guv'nor and a Red Coat I think) and the pair in parallel result in an 8 Ohm load which matches better with the Mark V than the 16 Ohm stock load with the Blue Marvels...

Fast neck on these. Smooth and FAT, too.
I wish my McCarty and CU22 had this feel. V12 on the neck back is not smooth.
If they were a long scale I never would of sold mine. It was a great guitar. Does a lot of styles real well.
ENJOY!

Back