NGD SE Custom 24 2012 Purple Burst

Again I got to say I love that color. In fact I am going to see if I can special order one. Almost wanted to order a allender but those bat inlays are far from my thing and I already have emgs in my schecter.

How bright is the purple burst kind of hard to tell from pics on the web?

That and looking at yours where some look like the rings are cream colored and one looks white. This makes me think like sweetwater all the pics I am finding have poor lighting.

Again I got to say I love that color. In fact I am going to see if I can special order one. Almost wanted to order a allender but those bat inlays are far from my thing and I already have emgs in my schecter.

How bright is the purple burst kind of hard to tell from pics on the web?

That and looking at yours where some look like the rings are cream colored and one looks white. This makes me think like sweetwater all the pics I am finding have poor lighting.

The first pic I brightened up so the top stood out, but they where all photographed with poor lighting. Looks quite dark with the houselights on. I'll photograph it tomorrow in daylight for a better representation.

It's certainly a darker purple. Pup rings are cream.

Appreciate that. Side not how does your 24 compare to your strat? Those are the exact two guitars I am torn between. I know split coil isnt perfect single coil sound. I just have heard lots of good things on the custom 24 split. Coupled with its versatility and that beautifull purple make me want to side with the custom 24.

Basically how well do you think the split coil is compared to a strat for blues type of clean sound?

Appreciate that. Side not how does your 24 compare to your strat? Those are the exact two guitars I am torn between. I know split coil isnt perfect single coil sound. I just have heard lots of good things on the custom 24 split. Coupled with its versatility and that beautifull purple make me want to side with the custom 24.

Basically how well do you think the split coil is compared to a strat for blues type of clean sound?

I love the coil split sounds on the C24... Possibly the best i've heard (In my limited experience). I've not compared them side to side but - IMHO - you can't beat the sound of a proper single coil with some light overdrive from a good valve amp.

However, the C24 - as you mentioned - has that versatility. The tapped tones are close enough unless you're looking for that exact Strat tone.

I love Strats but if I had no other guitars and had to choose between the C24 and a Strat i'd go with the C24 because of the versatility.

Not totally set on either. So I think I will let my special order decide. Love the purple but not liking the other colors much. That's one thing I have learned. If I get something I like but don't love I end up regretting it. So if I can get a purple 24 I will if not it will be a charcoal frost american standard.

Sometimes I wish I didn't enjoy playing so much. But playing a new guitar is too much fun even if I really only need and have the skills to play one.

Will have to photo it another day. Not much daylight going around at the moment!

Not totally set on either. So I think I will let my special order decide. Love the purple but not liking the other colors much. That's one thing I have learned. If I get something I like but don't love I end up regretting it. So if I can get a purple 24 I will if not it will be a charcoal frost american standard.

Sometimes I wish I didn't enjoy playing so much. But playing a new guitar is too much fun even if I really only need and have the skills to play one.

Best thing to do is to get to a store that has both the Strat and the C24 2012 and try them both out. The colour doesn't matter as you can just come back and order one online. best to do that rather than always wonder "Would I have liked th Strat more / would I have liked the C24 more".

I was

Sadly I don't have that option. Live in town where the closest thing to a guitar store is walmarts toy section with those lovely barbie first act guitars. That's why I spend way too much time reading about the guitars I want and reading tons of reviews. Done me well so far except my first guitar. Not bad just wish I could get a replacement neck to get ride of the awful inlays. That and the frets were only leveled and not crowned. First guitar I didn't know any better.

Eventually I will own both not any time soon hopefully but soon enough.

Okay... Got a Tusq nut on order from the US.

fed up fighting the tuning issues so i'm going to attempt to fit one myself. Ordered another nut for a cheaper guitar I don't play so I can have a 'practice'.

Will see how the tuning is after i've installed the nut and then I may pick up a set of Grover 406C mini locking tuners.

Okay... Got a Tusq nut on order from the US. fed up fighting the tuning issues so i'm going to attempt to fit one myself. Ordered another nut for a cheaper guitar I don't play so I can have a 'practice'. Will see how the tuning is after i've installed the nut and then I may pick up a set of Grover 406C mini locking tuners.
I also have a PRS SE C24 and I'm considering the locking tuners. I've read these are a simple swap, is that correct, and how does the locking mechanism work? I've only seen the locking tuners where there's a disk on the back that you turn to lock/unlock and these don't have that.

I also have a PRS SE C24 and I'm considering the locking tuners. I've read these are a simple swap, is that correct, and how does the locking mechanism work? I've only seen the locking tuners where there's a disk on the back that you turn to lock/unlock and these don't have that.

Any updates???

If you mean did I replace the tuners yet, no sorry. If you're wanting to read user reviews have a look on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Grover-406C-R...62&sr=8-1&keywords=Grover+locking+tuners+406c

Are you having any consternation with the 406C Rotomatic "Buttons" being different from PRS???? I have been thinking about it and while they are a little different the 18:1 gear ratio along with the ability to lock the strings thus making string change much easier may win me over. I will have to see when my SE Santana comes in a few days from now and get some playing time on it.

Back