NGD SE Custom 24 2012 Purple Burst

Mikegarveyblues

Cream Crackered
Well...

I knew I was probably going to get a new guitar this Xmas / Birthday. Didn't think i'd have the funds for anything approaching something like the C24 (Unless I grabbed the older model) but low and behold the stars aligned and I picked up a brand spanking new one for a nice price from PMT in Manchester.

I was actually eyeing up the competition as I was gassing for another Strat such as the 50's Classic Series by Fender, but... But This 24 in a rather fetching purple burst stood out!

Plugged it in and fell in love! Never got on with 24 fretters before but this felt pretty good. Still prefer the neck of the Bernie a touch but I can get used to this quite easily I think.

I can also say it's perfect in terms of fit and finish. The nut is perfectly cut and doesn't go out of tune with trem use. [Edit: Closer examination and more time playing shows this not to be the case. The nut is fine for light trem use but I will need a new one as the high E is cut a little too low and there's some slight binding] Tone wise it's nice and bright acousticly and pretty good plugged in. With the Bernie I knew straight away I wanted to ditch the bridge pup but i'm liking what i'm hearing with this. Forgot it had the coil tap so I didn't mess with that in the shop.

Think i'll pull the Suhr Doug Aldrich pup from the Bernie and put the Mule back in so I can have the one really vintage sounding guitar.

The bad news?

It's getting locked in it's bag for the next 25 days. :(

Edit: Photos! :)

8235682115_031609fdd2_b.jpg

8235680633_9ab928a3d1_b.jpg

8236745234_6763253c45_b.jpg

Must be the birds he's after...

8236743594_fed5ea78e1_b.jpg

I'll post a photo or two later today and a demo in the new year!

Last edited:
Flame or quilt? I love the finishes they have going over in the UK, I wish more dealers ordered them here! Anyways, congrats - and condolences on the next 25 days!

Not even a teaser photo? Poor show..haha

I know! :) Took a pic with my phone but I didn't want the first shot to be crappy.

Going to post a few in an hour or so. The locks are on the bag (No, I can't be trusted!) and it's away until the big day... Unless the Mayans are right in which case... I'll never see her again! Boo Hoo!

Flame or quilt? I love the finishes they have going over in the UK, I wish more dealers ordered them here! Anyways, congrats - and condolences on the next 25 days!

Flame. More subtle than the Bernie but very nice all the same.

Didn't realise they didn't do the Puprle Burst in the States. Do you just have the Tobacco and Blue?

I just love that color. Too bad they send all the interesting colors across the pond. Those quilted top se 245 were just beautiful.

$(KGrHqF,!hMFBcIHE9!rBQc19U7Js!~~60_1.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats, both great guitars and I love that purple. So are you able to play with it yet?

Congrats, both great guitars and I love that purple. So are you able to play with it yet?

Been working on a Gary Moore cover with it. Loving it... The only slight downer is the nut which needs replacing. A little binding with the stock 9's (I wan't to throw my usual 10's on it) and the high E slot is cut a touch too deep.

Great guitar though... Possibly love the coil tapped tones more than the HB sound!

Dont kill me for saying this but from what ive heard on YT the SE 24s sounds better than the american ones.I especially dig these 2 vids:

Really cool guitar Mike!Love the color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont kill me for saying this but from what ive heard on YT the SE 24s sounds better than the american ones.I especially dig these 2 vids:

Really cool guitar Mike!Love the color.

Cheers bud!

The guitar sounds great in both those vids... Mind you, the fact they're two monster players helps! :)

Love it when Paul smiles during the lick Mike plays at around 1:50!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i know,great players but the SE customs sings differently as i hear it.

Last edited:
Back