NGD SE Bernie Marsden 2015

RodMac

Just purchased a Bernie Marsden (2015) As New condition for my godson's First Electric.
What a great guitar for the money, well any money for that fact. Especially as a first electric he is 14yo.
Highly even vertical flamed veneer in Vint Burst. A great starting point and intro to the PRS family for him.

Paul has built an amazing company and provided wonderful guitars at all price points that all share the same thing, Quality !!!......... no matter what budget you are on.

This will be a great Christmas present for him. Bernie's video of him A/B The Beast with his Signature SE I was knocked out just how close this little Signature Model comes tonally compared to the big guy.

Kudos to Paul & Bernie.

Last edited:
My only complaint with a Bernie.... STAGGER THE STINKING TONE/VOL POTS!

Them being in line like they are... it just looks so awkward. It works for a Strat, but not so much for a single cut.

That's my opinion though.

My only complaint with a Bernie.... STAGGER THE STINKING TONE/VOL POTS!

Them being in line like they are... it just looks so awkward. It works for a Strat, but not so much for a single cut.

That's my opinion though.
Have you played one? They are right where your hand wants to go. If you are not working two tone pots, there's not reason to have that layout. You can work both volumes and tone just fine.

Have you played one? They are right where your hand wants to go. If you are not working two tone pots, there's not reason to have that layout. You can work both volumes and tone just fine.

I have not played one. I'm sure the pot position works functionally well, but the overall aesthetic drives me away.

I have not played one. I'm sure the pot position works functionally well, but the overall aesthetic drives me away.

I thought they were awkward too, at least to look at. Then I played it. Not so much. Always wondered why Bernie/PRS went with that layout. Read somewhere recently that it was inspired by old Explorer that he (Bernie) liked.

I found that everything works well within the sweep.
I understand the initial look, try one for 10 minutes.
You may be surprised!!!

Bernies are a good guitar. I liked mine when I had it, except for the electronics. The switch started crapping out. Buetiful looking guitar too.

Paul learnt a lot from Gibson and I know he did from Ted McCarty (the Great Man). Gibson's student models from the 50's are todays lusted over Rock Machines.
Having a line of quality built, great looking, great sounding, playing and affordable entry level guitars allows the kids to become accustomed to the PRS look, feel and sound early on. Therefore wanting to progress to the USA line in time to come.

Compared to what I learnt with back in the day, todays young guitarists are spoilt for choice, with PRS being top of the heap.

The inline knobs do initially look strange, but Bernie wanted it that way as he felt you only need 2 x Volume and 1 x Tone, and it was less confusing having them inline where your hand naturally fell.

I bought the guitar used and the guy dropped it off today. He bought it last year 2015 New and never played it. Has a number of guitars and is selling a few to fund a more expensive Gibson. This guitar is untouched in pristine condition with all the Warranty Card, Lead, etc etc in the gig bag. Sold it to me for $360 USD / $470 Aust.
A guitar of this quality in New condition for that price was a bargain IMHO.

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/8692/XKW2mK.jpg

Last edited:
Paul learnt a lot from Gibson and I know he did from Ted McCarty (the Great Man). Gibson's student models from the 50's are todays lusted over Rock Machines.
Having a line of quality built, great looking, great sounding, playing and affordable entry level guitars allows the kids to become accustomed to the PRS look, feel and sound early on. Therefore wanting to progress to the USA line in time to come.

Compared to what I learnt with back in the day, todays young guitarists are spoilt for choice, with PRS being top of the heap.

The inline knobs do initially look strange, but Bernie wanted it that way as he felt you only need 2 x Volume and 1 x Tone, and it was less confusing having them inline where your hand naturally fell.

I bought the guitar used and the guy dropped it off today. He bought it last year 2015 New and never played it. Has a number of guitars and is selling a few to fund a more expensive Gibson. This guitar is untouched in pristine condition with all the Warranty Card, Lead, etc etc in the gig bag. Sold it to me for $360 USD / $470 Aust.
A guitar of this quality in New condition for that price was a bargain IMHO.

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/8692/XKW2mK.jpg
that has a gorgeous top, Congrats and enjoy

Back