NGD SC 250 cherry burst with hollow birds

Lee B.

I stitch my wings and pull the strings.
It came this weekend, just got a little time to get acquainted. Love the chunky wide fat neck! Plays like whipped butter. The top is drop dead gorgeous and there's barely a nick on her. Very small one on the side point of the headstock near the bass E tuner, a bit of ring worming on the back of the neck, tiny bit of button or buckle worming on the back, and that's it. She's a tad hefty at 8-8, but then, so am I.

I played her about a half hour unplugged and was highly impressed with the resonance. And good gravy, does she sustain.

I plugged her in and started tweaking the dials. Took a moment to figure things out, it's like Paul rotated the Gibson four knob layout 90 degrees. Once I sorted that out, it was pretty simple to dial in a nice tone. On a LP style, I like to run middle position with the neck blended in a bit to sweeten the sizzle. This also helps keep that hot ceramic bridge pup from sounding too shrill. It's so hot turned full up, it overdrives my Rebel's Blackface-y clean channel barely halfway up. I think I will eventually opt for some more PAF style pups, but it's more than okay for now.

IMG_0437_zpsqs2wougl.jpg

IMG_0440_zpsdaipaopo.jpg
IMG_0438_zpspnc4psmh.jpg

IMG_0436_zpscs28qmhj.jpg

Very nice. I normally don't care for the intricate tops, but that one, with the burst pattern, looks really good. Fits the guitar. Good job.
Your handle is so timely! First thing I started jamming over after I tweaked the knobs for a good blended middle position tone was "Down Brownie."

Yeah, I'm the same way with finishes and tops. A lot of the PRS stuff is too over the top for my blood, though I reckon I could be persuaded to own a Hollowbody II in Burnt Maple Leaf.

Last edited:
Sweet as sweet! Love that classic looking top. Congrats!

As for your next "all PRS" PRS, that's a no brainer.....SANTANA!

The 250 or a SCT are on my list for a single cut as I don't have one now !!!
Congrats on a great score

What model is that Strat type? It isn´t a NC3 neither a Dc3, is it?

What model is that Strat type? It isn´t a NC3 neither a Dc3, is it?
Hi Basauri, it's a 1990 Series 1 EG-3. I suspect it might be a prototype because it has a really low SN, identical cosmetics to a verified prototype I saw on Reverb, and Phase I tuners instead of the PRS branded M6s that were standard on the production models. Had her about a year now, she's a heck of a nice player with mojo for days.

Back