NGD: PRS SE Tremonti

As Ovibos says, maybe it is just a set up issue. But if that isn't the case - i.e. you are certain the set up is fine, you just don't naturally form chord shapes because the neck feels too "small", then try a guitar with a Wide Fat Neck: either an SE Zach Myers (SC shape like Tremonti, no tremolo) or an SE Santana (double cut, with tremolo like your Tremonti).

I had the guitar set up as the truss rod required loosening (strangely, it was noted on the ticket of the guitar saying it may be the case) and the string gauge was a little light for me. I have a low action on the guitar, heavier gauge strings (I want to be a rhythm monster a la Hetfield) and it did make a massive difference. I am only thinking that now I need to try various necks as a friend of mine has started making guitars, and said he'd make me one. I may try to get a photo of it up on here, it is a truly beautiful guitar.

if you want to spend SE money look at the Singlecut, especially the SE Singlecut Trem. I Think it`s the sleeper of the entire SE line. I have one with USA #7`s in it. Smokin!

Back