NGD PRS SE Singlecut (new-to-me)

littlebadboy

Finally my blue is here!

gRM1gfq.jpg

vHXX64r.jpg

Cq6Hag6.jpg

Played with it for 5 minutes and liking it so far. I got this to replace my tele. I am just not bonding with the tele. I have now realized how bright sounding the tele is compared to this. But... I'm a humbucker person, so I think I like this better.

It will still need some cleaning, string action on the higher frets needs to be lowered, and badly needs new strings and some lemon oil treatment on the frets.

Since I mentioned about the string action on the higher frets... I noticed that the tremolo bridge is not parallel with the body. Of course, if it were parallel, then the string would somewhat closer to the frets. What should I do? Or, how do I lower the strings? I am not much of a guitar tech person.

Thanks everyone!

take the back plate covering the springs for the trem off the back of the guitar. You will see two larger screws securing a plate to the wood. The plate sets the tension on the springs. With the strings still on, tighten (or loosen, which ever is needed), the two screws and hey it will increase (or decrease) the tension on the springs and they will pull harder on the trem. That should level the trem. If the body of the trem gets level but is higher than 1/16th of an inch above the body of the guitar, you will need to do more, but see how the spring tension leveling turns out first.

Last edited:
take the back plate covering the springs for the trem off the back of the guitar. You will see two larger screws securing a plate to the wood. The plate sets the tension on the springs. With the strings still on, tighten (or loosen, which ever is needed), the two screws and hey it will increase (or decrease) the tension on the springs and they will pull harder on the trem. That should level the trem. If the body of the trem gets level but is higher than 1/16th of an inch above the body of the guitar, you will need to do more, but see how the spring tension leveling turns out first.

So, the bridge does need to be level or parallel to the body?
WRhyewq.jpg

It looks fairly level but it is about twice as high as it needs to be. You should also see the heads of the 6 screws up above the holes they are in. I suspect the trem is out of the grooves in the screws. loosen the strings and move the trem down the shafts of the screws with your fingers. You will probably feel a click as the trem falls into the groves. Then tune the strings again. The trem should be about half the height it is now and the heads of the screws will be sticking up out of the holes. Don't tighten them. Leave them where they are.

It looks fairly level but it is about twice as high as it needs to be. You should also see the heads of the 6 screws up above the holes they are in. I suspect the trem is out of the grooves in the screws. loosen the strings and move the trem down the shafts of the screws with your fingers. You will probably feel a click as the trem falls into the groves. Then tune the strings again. The trem should be about half the height it is now and the heads of the screws will be sticking up out of the holes. Don't tighten them. Leave them where they are.
Thanks!

Are the screws supposed to be of the same height out?

Thanks!

Are the screws supposed to be of the same height out?
Yes they should all be the same height. If they are not it may be that someone has raised them. If the tram is sitting in the groove of the screws and it is still too high you will need to adjust them to the correct height. It isn't hard. There is a good video showing how. First try to set the trem in the grooves and let us know how it goes.

I just took it back to Guitar Center. The Tech there gladly set it up! Everything, from string action to pickup height, etc. Even the screws on the trem bridge! I understand there are a lot of GC haters, but I am loving my GC so far!

Back