NGD! - PRS Custom P24

Volteau

the Bard
Another NGD, but this one is special. I've never had a piezo guitar before, and to have my first one be a PRS CU24 is amazing. This guitar blows every single other guitar I've played out of the water. This is that one guitar for me that we all search for: feels right, sounds right, and gets you nervous just looking at it.

Second album will be completely done with this guitar, so expect to hear it soon in its full glory! (First album was also done with a PRS, but with an SC Trem, which you can hear below in my sig)

Enough words, now pics (though they do NOT do the guitar justice...at all...even though they were professionally taken at Sweetwater):

21767756_525663451112114_534000792_n.jpg

21622065_525663467778779_1150775002_n.jpg

21763876_525663487778777_217391392_n.jpg

21763913_525663514445441_1502275062_n.jpg

The only mod it has is that instead of the 85/15s, it has Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Hums installed. They were customized at the CA Custom Shop for the guitar's previous owner, and have more "umph!" than the 85/15s, which are meant, I believe, to be mid-output. The SDs are pretty high-output, though it remains somewhere in between a traditional PAF set and contemporary hums, like BKPs.

s-l500.jpg

All the info I got. They sound so good though. Really would not think of swapping them, even though I have a brand new set of BKP Nailbombs just sitting in a box.

That's a sweet finish. I really like the blue-gray look. Is the back black or natural?

That is beautiful. And as someone else who has just got a piezo PRS, would love to know what amp(s) you are putting it through?

It pains me that they don't offer that finish with a natural back outside the artist package... My next PRS will have a Piezo!

That is beautiful. And as someone else who has just got a piezo PRS, would love to know what amp(s) you are putting it through?
I've had the most success with my HB piezo into a radial jdi, direct into the pa - the same way I run my Martin acoustic.

I'm sure acoustic amps would be nice, but I haven't tried any.

Havent hooked it up to my Axe-Fx II yet, but I have played it with the Bias Fx acoustic sim and it sounds amazing. Like plugging in an electro-acoustic.

When I get my next PRS (Custom 24 Piezo) I will also be picking up an AX8 and will have scenes for electric and acoustic. Really looking forward to it.

Man, I've been debating whether or not to trade my Axe II for an Ax8 or just buy an Ax8 for touring. Seriously takes away a lot of the heavy loading/unloading of the rack setup.

I considered the AX8 for my P22 and CU24 piezo, but I ended up going with the Line 6 Helix. I don't use it for amp modeling, but as a multi-fx pedalboard for my Mesa MKV, and to simultaneously process the piezo signal through acoustic I.R.s into the P.A.. It really works great for me in this role. I use the snapshots feature to automate my fx switching, amp channels, and mag/piezo switching.
Congrats on your piezo PRS, let us know what solution you come up with.

I considered the AX8 for my P22 and CU24 piezo, but I ended up going with the Line 6 Helix. I don't use it for amp modeling, but as a multi-fx pedalboard for my Mesa MKV, and to simultaneously process the piezo signal through acoustic I.R.s into the P.A.. It really works great for me in this role. I use the snapshots feature to automate my fx switching, amp channels, and mag/piezo switching.
Congrats on your piezo PRS, let us know what solution you come up with.

Yes, I chose a Helix as well. Have been using it successfully for magnetic pickups, not sure yet how it will work with the piezo, still to try it.

Yes, I chose a Helix as well. Have been using it successfully for magnetic pickups, not sure yet how it will work with the piezo, still to try it.

Try out some of the 3 Sigma Audio acoustic IR's in your Helix. Just add a bit of compression and whatever other FX you like. They really transformed the piezo sound I was getting.

Back