NGD of a Lifetime, Best Guitar EVER!! Private Stock Singlecut 594 Prototype!

MA Pete

Pattern Thin Convert!
My very best and most epic NGD of my lifetime to-date! I told my wife today that October 7th, 2016 will be forever remembered as "The Day THE GUITAR came into my life"! ;)

Paul's Private Stock prototype for a Singlecut McCarty 594! I am not even sure it is called that, I don't have the spec sheet yet.

I am seriously blown away, my heart is racing, and there are tears in my eyes, this guitar sounds THAT amazing!! This is my 88th PRS, and my 11th 594, so I am not that easy to impress, but this one still delivers as the best NGD ever! My Doublecut 594's are absolutely awesome, but this guitars takes things yet again to a level of awesomeness that I did not even know was possible.

The "Blade Knot" inlays are amazing. Killer grain in the Brazilian Board. Love the top, perfect for this guitar! Love the finish, not sure what it is called. I love that that the back is Brown, and not Cherry. The finish is Nitro, but not a High Gloss Nitro, but a "Low Gloss" Nitro, a sort of Vintage Gloss Nitro that looks and feels amazing!! Feels like I am playing a 57 year old guitar...

Did I mention that I love this guitar?!?

The best thing about it, though, is the tone. For me with other previous awesome PRSi, it has been "wow, that is REALLY CLOSE to the tone in my head". This one is "Holy crap, that *IS* the tone in my head!!".

Weight is 8 pounds, 9 ounces and change, it just feels and sounds solid and perfect in that regard. The way this thing resonates is off the charts awesome!

IMG_0032_zpssjsrs2bt.jpg

IMG_0035_zpsusbgekph.jpg

IMG_0036_zpsogmbyyxq.jpg

IMG_0037_zpsj8srihjj.jpg

IMG_0033_zpshmxj2y3m.jpg

IMG_0040_zpsj2uvwo1r.jpg

IMG_0047_zpsw3jya6nj.jpg

IMG_0050_zpstq4icuyo.jpg

IMG_0049_zpsynwisg8u.jpg

This 594 scale feels so much like home to me, that I have no desire to own any guitar that does not have this scale length. I am very pleased today to find out that I feel the same way about the Singlecut version of it!

Those who know me well will chuckle on this one, but I hereby declare this one a Lifetime Keeper!! :)

A very sincere THANK YOU, Paul and Team!!

And thanks so much JD McDonald, for snagging this one, and making sure it got to me. JD made the comment to me that he knew this belonged with me, as soon as he became aware of it, which I very much appreciate, wow! JD and I became Birds and Moons friends before he became a dealer, back in 2010 or so when we were enjoying the Ted McCarty's together, so it really means a lot to me that he made sure this guitar got in my hands. Thank you, brother!!

The emergence of this model is, of course, no surprise. I'm curious about the body thickness. Singlecut or 594 thickness? I've normally been averse to the 4-knob layout, but then I picked up my Tremonti Goldtop the other day and found some spaces I'd never seen in that guitar, it really dazzled me. The controls made them possible and I thought, "Have I been missing this my entire life?" Yes. Yes you have.

When this comes out, I'm buying one, budget be hanged on a noose.

Man Pete!!!! That is awesome! The color and grain are great! I'll be waiting for a full report soon! Congrats! I'm on the fence now....SC/DC

Congrats Pete!! Amazing that after all of these PRSi, you've found the guitar of a lifetime. The grain pattern on the fretboard and headstock is the nicest I've seen. And I DO love the new knots!!!

Enjoy it.
Kevin

Congrats, but I'm still going to call dibs though.

Ha! Fair enough, Dibs noted... :)

The emergence of this model is, of course, no surprise. I'm curious about the body thickness. Singlecut or 594 thickness? I've normally been averse to the 4-knob layout, but then I picked up my Tremonti Goldtop the other day and found some spaces I'd never seen in that guitar, it really dazzled me. The controls made them possible and I thought, "Have I been missing this my entire life?" Yes. Yes you have.

When this comes out, I'm buying one, budget be hanged on a noose.

Is definitely Singlecut thickness. Maybe even McCarty Singlecut thickness, which was thicker than the standard SC 245. I think this is McCarty Singlecut thickness, with the belly carve, which the McCarty Singlecuts did not have. I dig it, with regards to the thickness!!

Absolutely nice guitar indeed.

Thanks!!

Pete thank you for all the Kind Words! Congrats on ONE HELL of a GUITAR!!
JD

Thanks again, JD! You have earned "Friend Forever" status with me on making sure this bad boy got straight to me.

Man Pete!!!! That is awesome! The color and grain are great! I'll be waiting for a full report soon! Congrats! I'm on the fence now....SC/DC

I highly recommend BOTH!! ;)

Congrats Pete!! Amazing that after all of these PRSi, you've found the guitar of a lifetime. The grain pattern on the fretboard and headstock is the nicest I've seen. And I DO love the new knots!!!

Enjoy it.
Kevin

Thanks, Kevin!! Suddenly I don't miss my beloved Citrus Glow Singlecut McCarty so much... :)

So stonked for you Pete. Mucho congratos!

Now, if this is what Brian's "Secret" SC WL run is all about, I'm sunk too.

So stonked for you Pete. Mucho congratos!

Now, if this is what Brian's "Secret" SC WL run is all about, I'm sunk too.

Thanks!

I have no explicit knowledge about said WL run, but I think your conclusion is a pretty sound one.

Consider yourself sunk! :)

I might be up for another one from a WL run, but I am still declaring this one a lifetime keeper! ;)

Freaking awesome guitar Pete..
I'm off to raid a few million piggybanks an sell the wife ...

Back