NGD - my take on a DGT

veinbuster

Zombie Three, DFZ
I wasn't planning to order a new guitar last July.
I was just picking up some guitars from PTC, chatted up Shawn a bit about making a SAS a Siggy.
And I had some top finish ideas to discuss with the good Mr. Miles.
And then a 'do you want to stop by the vault for a minute?'
This meant I would have to stay a bit longer
CK_PS4097RawBookMatchFromBrent.jpeg

There were some interesting back options, but I ended up going with a simple bit of obeche, which I think of as kind of a secret weapon for backs.
The tricky bit was finding the right fingerboard, I almost went with pernambuca, but wasn't 100% convinced it was the right choice. Then Paul Miles has a light bulb click and says "hmm...I think we could cut a fingerboard out of the top". We would also get a headstock, back plate, truss rod over and tuning pegs out of the top.
CK_PS4097RawFingerboardFromBrent.jpeg

All that was left was to pick a piece of birds eye maple for the neck.

fast forward to the Experience, and my wife and I search out the private stock crew, learn they are about to start the guitar so have a chat with the build team about what we had in mind. They get excited and plan out how they can get 6 fingerboards to choose from.

then to early December when the guitar shows up the day I leave the country for a couple of weeks, but I took a detour on the way to gramma's for Christmas to pick up this.
CK_508AlohaAtHome.JPG

CK_513AlohaTopGloss.JPG

CK_516AlohaBack.JPG

Last edited:
Mr. Pete that is one fine guitar. Love seeing a build come together. Koa, Obeche, Bird's Eye Maple...so many awesome things going on with this one. Big congrats! This is why I am taking you with me for my next build. :five:

Absolutely insane. Having Koa as the fingerboard must be awesome!

WOW.

Called my wife in to see this one. Enjoy. Play it in good health!!

Back