NGD -- my ideal Custom 24

Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that I present to you the culmination of my latest search, achieved gratefully with the help of Patrick, Ted, Dave, and the staff at The Guitar Store here in Seattle. Not to mention the guidance and input of the group here, for which I can't thank you enough.

Had an absolutely wonderful experience over two visits this week, and my initial stop was just to re-try pattern vs. pattern thin for evaluation purposes. This was a stray special order which just happened to fit my needs perfectly while being stunningly gorgeous and exceedingly comfortable to play. One of the fastest off-the-rack grabs in history.

So first a toast!

k5SSvvJ.jpg

And now, my newest lumber, thankfully sanctioned by the most important ladies in my life. The unveiling...

TycLzzn.jpg

m6FqI38.jpg

eYcVg1A.jpg

EprBBWT.jpg

jckrrRL.jpg

0E3B9EY.jpg

GgNg1Kw.jpg

p3zqhCN.jpg

mTCX4Ke.jpg

JpEKXYh.jpg

wyCXl20.jpg

PS9RGa1.jpg

ExhsxUM.jpg

Most importantly, it's 100% kitteh approved. She was in love with it the moment I walked in.

Sergio was right all along. "Just go buy a guitar."
Now I might finally, actually sleep sometime. :D
(You marvelous bunch of enablers.)
That’s such a beautiful colour! And the moggy is just the cutest!

Is that a 1 piece top, kitty lovin machine? Cheers to that!

The one-piece top hooked me from go, it's just an unreal find. Miss kitteh has been prancing around the case all day and bonking on it, I think she believes it's hers.

Yep. Great specs and beautiful guitar! Congrats! Interesting order with the Pattern Regular neck. I've tried many Patterns and Pattern Thins, but never a Pattern regular. I should probably see what that's like sometime!

Enjoy it!!!
Kevin

Thanks so much, Kevin. You might want to give one a shot -- for me it was a welcome revelation.

Now I'm really going nuts as a NAD isn't far off. I'd been running around here like a crazed Richard Dreyfuss in Close Encounters the last few days with all these irons in the fire, and that axe was my Devil's Tower. My poor honey...

Congrats on the C24! Love that top and color combo - seems like it's harder to find the pattern regular neck carve on those recently as well.

Congrats on the C24! Love that top and color combo - seems like it's harder to find the pattern regular neck carve on those recently as well.

Thank you sir! My hunt list was so narrow (3!), then this happened. I can't do lacquered necks, and two available PRS neck carves feel like butter, one's not available with a trem in my price point. Talk about being on the margins. ;)

Plus I got to spend a few quality moments with you-know-who. My sweetie gasped. I drooled. Dogs and cats living together, it was glorious chaos.

I was so distracted that I neglected to snag any glamour shots. Gotta fix that soon, I'll be back there this week.

aPeKpDNg.jpg

There are no words.

Thank you sir! My hunt list was so narrow (3!), then this happened. I can't do lacquered necks, and two available PRS neck carves feel like butter, one's not available with a trem in my price point. Talk about being on the margins. ;)

Plus I got to spend a few quality moments with you-know-who. My sweetie gasped. I drooled. Dogs and cats living together, it was glorious chaos.

I was so distracted that I neglected to snag any glamour shots. Gotta fix that soon, I'll be back there this week.

aPeKpDNg.jpg

There are no words.

Sigh - I still miss Maddie, very, very much! Your photo makes her look more blue/green than she really is. But I learned PS # 7341 is expected to be ready sometime in July 2018! Only 8+ months, 258.5 days, 6,205 hours, 372,300 minutes and 22,338,000 seconds to go!!!

aPeKpDNg.jpg

There are no words.
Margins? Sounds like destiny to me! You know, based on all that empirical research I do!

That is one heck of a guitar and your cat is a true connoisseur in excellence.
Congrats, the stars aligned for you.

Did they ever! Thanks so much.

Sigh - I still miss Maddie, very, very much! Your photo makes her look more blue/green than she really is. But I learned PS # 7341 is expected to be ready sometime in July 2018! Only 8+ months, 258.5 days, 6,205 hours, 372,300 minutes and 22,338,000 seconds to go!!!

Yeah, the fluorescent lighting made it go a bit Technicolor on me, and I think I used a generic Lightroom filter that magnified the effect. Sorry to tug at your heartstrings, I just have quite a passion for that guitar as you know. Was a thrill to be able to see it, let alone noodle a bit. ;)

Sweeeeet one their! Another killer flamed maple neck that's not helping my jones for one myself at all.:confused:

What no cat?! ;)

I had to shoo her away! You should see that little sweetheart. I never leave my guitars out on stands, they're always cased. She's taken to sleeping on the CU24 case when she's able, and is able to identify it as the new one (my 594's case is identical on the outside, black paisley). She rubs and bonks all over it, and the moment I open it up to play, she comes running, eyes wide, then after watching and sniffing she's off to wallow and roll around in the case.

She may love these guitars more than I do. :eek:

ov3im2Rg.jpg

Edit: yup, forgot to vacuum too. Oops.

I had to shoo her away! You should see that little sweetheart. I never leave my guitars out on stands, they're always cased. She's taken to sleeping on the CU24 case when she's able, and is able to identify it as the new one (my 594's case is identical on the outside, black paisley). She rubs and bonks all over it, and the moment I open it up to play, she comes running, eyes wide, then after watching and sniffing she's off to wallow and roll around in the case.

She may love these guitars more than I do. :eek:

ov3im2Rg.jpg

Edit: yup, forgot to vacuum too. Oops.
At least she doesn’t steal guitar parts, hopefully!!

Back