NGD -- my ideal Custom 24

flux

594 & CU24
Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that I present to you the culmination of my latest search, achieved gratefully with the help of Patrick, Ted, Dave, and the staff at The Guitar Store here in Seattle. Not to mention the guidance and input of the group here, for which I can't thank you enough.

Had an absolutely wonderful experience over two visits this week, and my initial stop was just to re-try pattern vs. pattern thin for evaluation purposes. This was a stray special order which just happened to fit my needs perfectly while being stunningly gorgeous and exceedingly comfortable to play. One of the fastest off-the-rack grabs in history.

So first a toast!

k5SSvvJ.jpg

And now, my newest lumber, thankfully sanctioned by the most important ladies in my life. The unveiling...

TycLzzn.jpg

m6FqI38.jpg

eYcVg1A.jpg

EprBBWT.jpg

jckrrRL.jpg

0E3B9EY.jpg

GgNg1Kw.jpg

p3zqhCN.jpg

mTCX4Ke.jpg

JpEKXYh.jpg

wyCXl20.jpg

PS9RGa1.jpg

ExhsxUM.jpg

Most importantly, it's 100% kitteh approved. She was in love with it the moment I walked in.

Sergio was right all along. "Just go buy a guitar."
Now I might finally, actually sleep sometime. :D
(You marvelous bunch of enablers.)

Nice! The flamed neck is CrAzY. What are the specs on that beauty? Doesnt look like the normal 85/15 pickups... are those 57/08s or 58/15s?

I am using a very weak Internet connection right now and the photos took what seemed like forever to appear but well worth the wait.

Lovely guitar. And the final pic with the cat is epic.

Congratulations!

Nice! The flamed neck is CrAzY. What are the specs on that beauty? Doesnt look like the normal 85/15 pickups... are those 57/08s or 58/15s?

Embarrassingly, I had to go pull the full specs up manually, which is farther than I made it at the store. If I'm reading correctly:

57/08s
Artist grade maple top
Maple body
Figured maple neck
Pattern regular
Gaboon ebony FB
Artist Package birds

Mapletastic!

The finish code I wasn't familiar with but it's listed as Blue/Green per the shop. Nom!

Congrats.

Thanks. It's all your fault!

I am using a very weak Internet connection right now and the photos took what seemed like forever to appear but well worth the wait.

Lovely guitar. And the final pic with the cat is epic.

Congratulations!

Thanks so much, and sorry about the image file size. I forget how large they get by default sometimes.

GOOD LAWD! That IS some stunning lumber! Its beautiful! !! Congrats on the score!

That's a beautiful guitar. My 513 has the natural flamed maple neck and it is a joy to play. You certainly have a keeper with this one.

Yep. Great specs and beautiful guitar! Congrats! Interesting order with the Pattern Regular neck. I've tried many Patterns and Pattern Thins, but never a Pattern regular. I should probably see what that's like sometime!

Enjoy it!!!
Kevin

I love maple necks.

I love one piece tops.

That blue/green is surreal.

Bonus point for kitteh!

Back