NGD - Hollowbody I Whale Blue

matonanjin

I have been looking for something really light for some time. After 3 spinal surgeries I have little choice. After talking to a couple of the PRS owners on here, and talking with a few on other forums, I had decided that a PRS Hollowbody I or II was the guitar. I was already a huge believer in PRS guitars. (I would say that on here but after my Paul's Ive become a believer:cool:) I had looked at a couple on Reverb, at Chicago Music Exchange and elsewhere and made a couple offers but never ending up owning one.

Last week my wife and I were in a local guitar shop and this one was hanging on the wall. Way up high where the nice ones are! The owner had to get it down! He handed it to me and my wife immediately said, "That is really pretty!" I played it and fell in love both with the way it played and the tone. My wife actually told me to make on offer on it but I didn't. I don't know why! I told her wanted to think on it. It has driven me crazy all week and I went back and brought it home tonight!

It is feather light and has this gorgeous hollowbody tone. There is just no doubt at this point that this is going to be my "go to" guitar.
Whale1.jpg

Whale2.jpg

Whale3.jpg

I have been looking for something really light for some time. After 3 spinal surgeries I have little choice. After talking to a couple of the PRS owners on here, and talking with a few on other forums, I had decided that a PRS Hollowbody I or II was the guitar. I was already a huge believer in PRS guitars. (I would say that on here but after my Paul's Ive become a believer:cool:) I had looked at a couple on Reverb, at Chicago Music Exchange and elsewhere and made a couple offers but never ending up owning one.

Last week my wife and I were in a local guitar shop and this one was hanging on the wall. Way up high where the nice ones are! The owner had to get it down! He handed it to me and my wife immediately said, "That is really pretty!" I played it and fell in love both with the way it played and the tone. My wife actually told me to make on offer on it but I didn't. I don't know why! I told her wanted to think on it. It has driven me crazy all week and I went back and brought it home tonight!

It is feather light and has this gorgeous hollowbody tone. There is just no doubt at this point that this is going to be my "go to" guitar.
Whale1.jpg

Whale2.jpg

Whale3.jpg

Hot damn! That thing looks great! Congrats! You should listen to your wife more often! :p

Beautiful!

+1 on needing a lightweight guitar after surgeries - but isn't it great that such a sweet guitar - with playability, looks and killer sound - is available!

That is gorgeous! Color looks like my 25th Semi Hollow LTD. Mine is Safire Smokeburst. It does not photo well because the blue is dark, but looks incredible in person. From this pic, your’s might be the same color but I don’t see the edge burst, just the back.

If it’s like mine, and it looks like it is, those pics don’t do it justice and it’s even more beautiful in person. Congrats!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That HB I looks great! Enjoy it in good health!

Sorry to hear about your back problems. My back issues are minor by comparison, but were enough for me to reset my guitar lineup over the past year.

That is gorgeous! Color looks like my 25th Semi Hollow LTD. Mine is Safire Smokeburst. It does not photo well because the blue is dark, but looks incredible in person. From this pic, your’s might be the same color but I don’t see the edge birth, just the back.
Great colour. My 25th HBII is sapphire smokeburst.

Back