NGD !!! First PRS

newfmp3

After some help from various members here and on other forums, I ordered this last week. Arrived this morning. Haven't even plugged it in yet...I'm still at my office, but does this thing ever look good in person.
2011 Custom 24 Experience Ltd.
Covered 59/09's
Pattern Reg
Artist Back/Top/Case
Ebony Fretboard.

These are Dealer Photo's, I hope TGS doesn't mind, but Brent (or whoever does it) takes a good picture lol

12small.jpg

4small.jpg

3small.jpg

1small.jpg

PRS can make one Heck of a Guitar.

Last edited:
Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Thats a gorgeous guitar, and a very very nice one to start the habit with :)

Sweet guitar!

I moved your thread into the correct area but I left a redirect in the general area for 24 hours.

Congrats, that's a beautiful top and a very versatile guitar you got. What amp are you using?

I spent last night with it. Loves it. I was actually a little worried if I was going to like it or not when I ordered it. Besides neck type, pups etc, I typically shy away from anything with a yellow'ish color. But in person, this is just beautiful. I was especially worried about the headstock. I prefer a black headstock, with the Ebony Artist being my fav. With the color matched one on this, at least in the pics, I was thinking it might be a bit too much, but in person is very subdued and only flamey with light directly on it.

Being my first PRS I really have nothing to compare it to. I must fix that! I feel she's lonely when I'm not home! But I have picked up many a Gibson and Fender and thought to myself....this is nothing special at all. This PRS however, is special. I just can't get over how impressed I am with it. Big Props to Brent for setting me up with this.

As for AMPS, I'm an accoustic player getting back into electric. I was a electric player back in the day, but I need a new amp/effect setup. Working on that ....

Holy moses man! That is one of the best looking "yellow" tints I've ever seen!

oh, ps. If you're coming from an acoustic background, and (that's a given) will be looking at more PRSi,
might I recommend a look at the P22? Might be a "best of both worlds" for a guy with feet in both worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I must admit, the P22 has me intrigued

Yeah, me too so much that I had to order one with a RW neck, just like the one Bryan has (but in Charcoal black).
However, I will pair it with the new Vox AGA70 acoustic amp rather than just a preamp, for an even fuller acoustic tone.

So far I have tried the covered 59/09's on a couple of Peavey's and a Blackstar ht-5r. Can't say I 'm blown away by them. But I really need to find a decent home practice amp and learn to play with the tones more. I thought the pups would be a little hotter, a little more for modern rock but so far they are more bluesy almost tame, lacking bass is my biggest issue

Edit: ignore this. Got a better amp, happy now.

Last edited:
Back