NGD!! Finally!!

matt3310

Well its been a long drawn out process but she's here!

Little back story:

I wanted a Quilted Charcoal Cherry Burst PRS with a flamed maple neck. Really wanted a singlecut. So I went to my local dealer and ordered an artist package to my exact specs. Everything was a go!

But the next day they called and said we have a problem. You cant order quilt in an Artist package. So I would have to go Private Stock. But that's way out of my price range. I talked to a couple of friends that have a LOT of knowledge on PRs guitars. Apparently there was a Wood Library run of these. I was told a total of 5 were made. All went to Asia/Europe.

So after months of looking I tracked one down. In Hong Kong! Is everything I wanted except its a double cut. I could live with that!

I have a good friend that lives in Hong Kong so I had him go check it out for me. He said it was perfect! I bought it and now need to figure out how to get it home to the USA.

I have another friend who is a pilot. I asked him if there was any chance he was going to Hong Kong. Lucky for me he was in 3 weeks. So he picked it up and brought it home!

Sorry for the long story.

So here she is! I think its one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen!

It plays great and really sounds amazing!

Dude really...? Lol
What an adventure. You can't make that $&/+ up. Sounds like you were just destined to have that guitar. It's a beaut Clark! :p

Hottie McHot, hot, hot! It certainly pays to have friends in the right places! Way to hunt her down!

Yeah man I cant believe you are so well connected. That's really cool/lucky/unbelievable. I remember you asking about whether you should buy this guitar and I remember your original post about wanting these exact specs. The neck binding is a really nice touch.

I'm glad you got it figured out and seriously amazed that you had two friends in/going through Hong Kong to help you out.

great score!

6dvAQjs.jpg

I have a good friend that lives in Hong Kong so I had him go check it out for me. He said it was perfect! I bought it and now need to figure out how to get it home to the USA. I have another friend who is a pilot. I asked him if there was any chance he was going to Hong Kong. Lucky for me he was in 3 weeks. So he picked it up and brought it home!

A friend in Hong Kong who found the PRS and a friend who's a pilot flying to Hong King to pick it up? OK, I've read some crazy stories on the Forum but this one takes the cake.

Congratulations~!

Wowzers! Great looking guitar! Congrats...

And nice collection... I've got to do something like that to organize mine...

Very nice guitar. Persistence (and a few good friends) pays off!

You have done well!! Great story and better guitar. To me, those 58/15 NON-LT pickups are very special. Just played one of mine yesterday with a set of those, and I find them much easier to dial in than the LT. Not too laid back, and just enough kick.

Congrats!
Kevin

Back