NGD-Custom 22 SE Semi Hollowbody

WeFixFlats

Respect The Clave
New Old Stock-2015(P serial number). My requirements: Blue, Semi Hollow w/Stop Tail. Bonus was the Satin Finish Maple Neck with binding. This one was found at Dave's GS. Hadn't seen another one like it and these are on close out due to the new 2017's being introduced. Came in perfectly set up intonation with 9's, not a fan, but I'll adjust. Cheaper than getting the nut properly filed or replaced so I'll use that money to buy strings. Also not a fan of the 'zebra' look, but we're going to swap pickups. Keeping the stock tuners to save $$$ too.

Last edited:
Congrats!
I got my youngest son an orange one last year for Christmas.
I have a lot of SEs, and his blew mine all away playability wise.
I liked it so well I went with the S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow a few months later for myself.

Really nice looking guitar. Need to get back to Dave's. They have such a great selection of PRS. (As well as lots of other great guitars. And the collection upstairs? Wow!)

Honestly, when you really drill down and look at price, design, quality and performance the SE line is next to impossible to compete with in the marketplace. With the latest new Core models going way up market in my price range(unless I buy a gently used one(Custom 24?) after saving and looking around for months and months), these axes are an incredible value. Just look at the SE Basses(I have a Kestrel) and new Baritones(and thinking of replacing my MM Baritone now). That said, I am replacing the pickups because I don't dig the 'zebra' look.

I have an SE 24 that I covered the stock pickups on. Sounds like syrup being poured on pancakes. Very nice.

Back