NGD- Cure For My Stratitis? Yes.

I hope you like your new JB! It may be just me, but I won't buy an F type guitar unless I play it first. There is simply too much variability in terms of quality, playability and tone.

Yeah i was very hesitant myself but i have read good things about this model and its quality so i went for it. Theres a 30 day return policy so my lady and i came to the agreement that i would try the less expensive one that i wanted first, and if it didn't 100 percent satisy me then i would return and get the Jade Green Santana which is more than twice the price of the JB. Either way im gonna win.

Yeah i was very hesitant myself but i have read good things about this model and its quality so i went for it. Theres a 30 day return policy so my lady and i came to the agreement that i would try the less expensive one that i wanted first, and if it didn't 100 percent satisy me then i would return and get the Jade Green Santana which is more than twice the price of the JB. Either way im gonna win.

Santana...Santana...Santana...Santana....come on, everyone chant along...:D

You know the type, you may even be one yourself. Over 30 years I must've bought (without exaggerating) at least 10 different S-type guitars. Not superstrats or anything, like, ten different guitars that had the same bridge, pup configuration, and knob and switch layout. And in the end, they all got traded or sold (or worse) in my quest to "kinda" like them.

Guilty as charged, and same here. I finally cut the cord and sold the last two (my old Jeff Beck signature and a venerable, customized G&L Legacy) in order to bring home my 594. They are not missed.

Enjoy your new project!

Congrats, Sergio!

Yes, the DC3 is a cool model, I had one for a while (which PRS model does that statement NOT apply to? LOL...). Great Singlecoil tones. When I was searching for an SSS guitar earlier this year, I was searching for both DC3's and 305's, got a 305 mostly because I found one of those I liked first. ;)

Enjoy!

I'm one of those guys that loves the sound of Strats but hates Strats... You know the type, you may even be one yourself. Over 30 years I must've bought (without exaggerating) at least 10 different S-type guitars. Not superstrats or anything, like, ten different guitars that had the same bridge, pup configuration, and knob and switch layout. And in the end, they all got traded or sold (or worse) in my quest to "kinda" like them.

Guilty as charged! Also guilty of wanting one of these for a few years now and never having even a chance to play one. My local GC has usually 25 PRS guitars in stock at a time and over 10 years, I've never seen a DC3. Only a couple 305's. I finally gave up and went a different route lately... which I can't talk about here. ;) But still want to play one and if the pickup tones are there, would probably buy one of these. So... I no longer like you. I know, jealousy is bad and all, but I just can't take the pressure any more! :) And I'm with you on the color. Strats are supposed to be all white! Let that be your guide. Jimi at Woodstock/Trower Live. Nuff said.

Back