NGD: Chris Robertson SE

I love when he cranks it up at 1:00 that's when it starts to really show its tonal chops...A few twists of the knobs, flip of a switch the boom! You're in full on beast mode! I'm gonna start a new thread with this new propaganda video...see ya there!

Hey, followup question about your CR.

I noticed that my neck pickup was really put in at an angle - the treble side is much higher than the bass. This makes sense to me since that pickup felt really bass heavy - I noticed because I was dialing down my bass side pickup screws to compensate, and, luckily, it all works out and sounds great. Dialing down the bass-side screws balanced out that pickup nicely.

I only notice after the fact how much of an angle it's at. The treble side is probably a quarter inch higher. So I'm curious if yours is similar or if somebody noticed at some point setting up mine and adjusted it. Not a big deal, since, like I said, I like the sound of the pickup now, but I'm just curious if it's normal or if I got a weird pickup.

Hey, followup question about your CR.

I noticed that my neck pickup was really put in at an angle - the treble side is much higher than the bass. This makes sense to me since that pickup felt really bass heavy - I noticed because I was dialing down my bass side pickup screws to compensate, and, luckily, it all works out and sounds great. Dialing down the bass-side screws balanced out that pickup nicely.

I only notice after the fact how much of an angle it's at. The treble side is probably a quarter inch higher. So I'm curious if yours is similar or if somebody noticed at some point setting up mine and adjusted it. Not a big deal, since, like I said, I like the sound of the pickup now, but I'm just curious if it's normal or if I got a weird pickup.

I never really noticed it. I took mine to a tech a while back for a set up and he tweaked pretty much everything..I looked and mine, it is a bit off kilter as well...I guess it's in the adjustment of the pickup? I did notice when I got mine back the bass was a bit less pronounced but in a good way. With my guy adjusting everything, I figured that was part of it. I am not familiar enough with the P-90 or other SC's to know if it is specific to the pickups/model we both possibly have weird ones...I am sure about one thing...I'm still crazy about the noises I can make with this thing! I am in the process of trying a multi effects pedal on for size...I just got it yesterday, so I'm still trying to dial in some new tones and honestly, I think it's gonna take a while...it just keeps getting better. I'm not extremely experienced with a bunch of different guitars but I can tell you, the few I have played didn't inspire me to play as often and as consistently as this one so far!

Mine was the same Hotspur bud an when I'm off next month am going to do a full setup an clean as thinking of going up 11s or try out a set of 10.5 gauge strings.. ScottR your right about the way it inspires to try different things an play it more an more. Found mine really likes effects pedals. .

Back