NGD: CE24 Floyd has landed!

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

For anyone interested I was able to play it for a few hours today so here are my initial impressions.

Playability/feel: I don't know what magic PRS worked into the neck but the satin finish is amazingly smooth and fast, moreso than my other satin finished necks. The carve feels very similar to the standard pattern thin, but I feel like I'm playing faster and cleaner on it but maybe that's just in my head. The Floyd Rose works great as expected and keeps me in tune while I abused it. Also the sustain on this is ridiculously good as well.

Sound: Now this is where the guitar really shines. From the first note it's obvious this thing is a fire breather and wants to play metal all the time. The pickups are Dustie's signature set from Mojotone and they pretty incredible.

The bridge is incredibly crunchy but you can hear every single note in a chord and the single note runs are crisp and defined. Switching over to the clean channel they clean up pretty well and can do a nice shimmering clean but you can tell they still have a lot of drive in them.

The neck is very nice and fluid sounding and doesn't sound mushy at all when you play lower on the fretboard under heavy gain. I was loving playing solos with it because it sounds nice and round but still very defined. It does clean very well too and the split sounds are on point as well.

Overall I am actually more impressed with this guitar than I thought I'd be. I think they got everything right on this to make it a kick ass metal guitar that makes you want to play faster and heavier, if you're into that sort of thing if course.

I'll definitely be getting some much better pictures up here tomorrow as well!

I gotta tell ya. I'd love to have that guitar. I bet I could have an awful lot of fun with that. I'd buff it up a bit and then rock it til my meds wore off.

Alright here are some pics in natural lighting with my better camera. I think that the color is almost spot on to what it looks like in real life. I also realized that exactly one year ago this month I brought home my first PRS. It's amazing how fast they multiply!

4C5sDeA.jpg

B9d992v.jpg

3HgetJO.jpg

QaO8tT5.jpg

rFj8XWH.jpg

Alright here are some pics in natural lighting with my better camera. I think that the color is almost spot on to what it looks like in real life. I also realized that exactly one year ago this month I brought home my first PRS. It's amazing how fast they multiply!

4C5sDeA.jpg

B9d992v.jpg

3HgetJO.jpg

QaO8tT5.jpg

rFj8XWH.jpg

I could my \m/ on with that!

4C5sDeA.jpg

B9d992v.jpg

3HgetJO.jpg

QaO8tT5.jpg

rFj8XWH.jpg
1. How to you pick one to play?

2. That CU24 is (I’m sorry Sergio) B-a-n-g-i-n!!!

3. The reclaimed CE and Vela are so so good!

4. And the new axe looks really naughty!

Enjoy your PRSi I good health for many years!

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

For anyone interested I was able to play it for a few hours today so here are my initial impressions.

Playability/feel: I don't know what magic PRS worked into the neck but the satin finish is amazingly smooth and fast, moreso than my other satin finished necks. The carve feels very similar to the standard pattern thin, but I feel like I'm playing faster and cleaner on it but maybe that's just in my head. The Floyd Rose works great as expected and keeps me in tune while I abused it. Also the sustain on this is ridiculously good as well.

Sound: Now this is where the guitar really shines. From the first note it's obvious this thing is a fire breather and wants to play metal all the time. The pickups are Dustie's signature set from Mojotone and they pretty incredible.

The bridge is incredibly crunchy but you can hear every single note in a chord and the single note runs are crisp and defined. Switching over to the clean channel they clean up pretty well and can do a nice shimmering clean but you can tell they still have a lot of drive in them.

The neck is very nice and fluid sounding and doesn't sound mushy at all when you play lower on the fretboard under heavy gain. I was loving playing solos with it because it sounds nice and round but still very defined. It does clean very well too and the split sounds are on point as well.

Overall I am actually more impressed with this guitar than I thought I'd be. I think they got everything right on this to make it a kick ass metal guitar that makes you want to play faster and heavier, if you're into that sort of thing if course.

I'll definitely be getting some much better pictures up here tomorrow as well!
Must have missed this post first time around...super cool guitar...that Waring burst is really wicked looking...congrats!!!

Had a chance to sit down with a gray/black one last week on the east coast and your description is pretty spot on. The Tomahawk pups are great for most any metal, but really shine with modern/nu/progressive genres. I was hoping they'd clean up a little nicer...but they do want to scream and break up quite early...not a big deal as it does what it's advertised to do...Bone Crushing Metal Madness!!! I did notice quite a difference in the neck carve from regular pattern thin...felt a lot smaller in the hand for some reason and not sure how that would feel after an hour of live playing.

Need more time with one...come on dealers near me...pretty please?

@21Hemispheres12 Do you know if the Floyd bridge is an Original Floyd rose made in Germany or the 1000 Series made in Korea? Not sure if you have seen under the bridge for this. I noticed that the word "Original" is missing from the product page.

@21Hemispheres12 Do you know if the Floyd bridge is an Original Floyd rose made in Germany or the 1000 Series made in Korea? Not sure if you have seen under the bridge for this. I noticed that the word "Original" is missing from the product page.

I can't get a good look under the base plate but I'm pretty sure it's an original. The stamp on top just says Floyd Rose and it looks like the licensed ones say 1000, pro or special under Floyd Rose. Also the intonation blocks are squared instead of beveled.

At any rate, I've barely had to tune it and I've been abusing the Floyd to my hearts content so I'm still 100% happy with the Floyd and the guitar all around.

I love the position of the volume knob. I find I hit mine and accidentally lower the volume when I strum hard. (something I need to get used to.)

and the maple finger board and inlays are awesome!

Back