NGD CE-24

Anachronism

Bassist with a guitar habit
This was supposed to be another guitar.
I think I've settled with my Rosewood 513 and HBII piezo as keepers, and was looking around at some cheaper options to play with or round things out. In particular, I was looking for something in the LP vein, and found a lovely S2 594 on eBay at a great price. I paid, and then the seller ghosted me--no tracking info, no replies, nothing. I started the refund process (now complete), and then saw a nice CE-24, also at a great price. I grabbed it, it shipped quickly, and now I'm enjoying it.
First impressions: it's sleek and comfortable. Despite the cost saving measures, the fit and finish is still top-notch, and it still looks great. I'm waiting to see how the cheaper hardware holds up, but it's nice to have the 58/15s, which are excellent (far better than the HFS and Vintage Bass that were the reason I let a precious CU24 go). I'm still getting to know it, and will see if it's a keeper, but it is certainly very good.

full

full

This was supposed to be another guitar.
I think I've settled with my Rosewood 513 and HBII piezo as keepers, and was looking around at some cheaper options to play with or round things out. In particular, I was looking for something in the LP vein, and found a lovely S2 594 on eBay at a great price. I paid, and then the seller ghosted me--no tracking info, no replies, nothing. I started the refund process (now complete), and then saw a nice CE-24, also at a great price. I grabbed it, it shipped quickly, and now I'm enjoying it.
First impressions: it's sleek and comfortable. Despite the cost saving measures, the fit and finish is still top-notch, and it still looks great. I'm waiting to see how the cheaper hardware holds up, but it's nice to have the 58/15s, which are excellent (far better than the HFS and Vintage Bass that were the reason I let a precious CU24 go). I'm still getting to know it, and will see if it's a keeper, but it is certainly very good.

full

full
Nice

The Satin finishes are really great and this is fantastic example. Congrats on a trifecta that should cover just about anything!

The satin finish, along with the neck profile and thinner body, really make this feel fast.

And yes, these three should cover just about anything...but I'm still looking at S2 594s anyway.

Back