Hammer1056

SfKRChJ.jpg
[/url][/IMG] Picked this up today from the Nashville Guitar Center. Only Custom 24 SE they had in the building. Plays VERY NICELY. Quick tune, and it was ready to go. This one was made in Indonesia at Cor Tek. Not positive on exactly when it was made but the serial is CTI A01455. From a distance it looks simply stunning, but once I got it home and started really looking at it very closely, I'm not a happy camper. If I am being overly pickly, then please let me know but as you can see from the pictures, if they attach correctly, the fret board has LOTS of places where it looks like white lines beside the frets. Sorta like the fret board was painted, then they pressed the frets in leaving light areas ? Can also see spots in the fret board that it looks like a lighter color is "bleeding" through ? Not sure what is going on, but it looks "not quite right" to me.
My apologies, apparently I didn't post the picture links correctly

yea, gonna need some pictures here... you might have to make a few more posts for that
guitar center has a return policy no?

SfKRChJ.jpg
[/url][/IMG] Picked this up today from the Nashville Guitar Center. Only Custom 24 SE they had in the building. Plays VERY NICELY. Quick tune, and it was ready to go. This one was made in Indonesia at Cor Tek. Not positive on exactly when it was made but the serial is CTI A01455. From a distance it looks simply stunning, but once I got it home and started really looking at it very closely, I'm not a happy camper. If I am being overly pickly, then please let me know but as you can see from the pictures, if they attach correctly, the fret board has LOTS of places where it looks like white lines beside the frets. Sorta like the fret board was painted, then they pressed the frets in leaving light areas ? Can also see spots in the fret board that it looks like a lighter color is "bleeding" through ? Not sure what is going on, but it looks "not quite right" to me.
My apologies, apparently I didn't post the picture links correctly

SfKRChJ.jpg

I think you did the image link right, but you're too new.

Anyway, looks like buffing compound that didn't get wiped off. Should come right off with your fingernail or something like the edge of a credit card. If any of it is in the rosewood pores, a little naptha on a rag will get it. If you trust your GC guys, I'd have them give it some attention and a fresh set of strings.

That looks like a real dark board, so I'd guess the other thing you're seeing is just variation in the wood grain.

Good to know that it might be some sort of compound that can be removed. That was my initial thought, but the more my old 57 yr old eyes looked at it, the more it looked like a lighter color wood showing through, and I got a bit spooked. hehe Guitar Center does indeed have a 45 day no questions asked return policy. Said if for ANY reason I didn't feel comfortable keeping it, they would take it back, and order me another of my choice. I really REALLY like the way it plays. The setup is very good, neck feels great. Those white lines just had me a bit worried is all. Thank you for the compound idea. I will try to clean it now. The board is VERY dark. I thought it was supposed to be rosewood, and expected a bit lighter, but it might be ebony perhaps ? Again, my eyes are not what they used to be. Either way, the guitar as a whole is wondermous !

Garrett you nailed it ! Thank you very much ! A little fret board conditioner and a very soft brush, it came clean as a whistle :)

Last edited:
Back