NGD - Blue Guitar Day! Paul's Guitar, Faded Blue Jean Quilt WOW

Ironwolf

I'm a Dog! I do Dog Things!
Got to play it for a few hours, the PRS mini-humbucker's are awesome. Wow! AC/DC and Van Halen just lept out of the guitar. the volume knob is more of a gain knob, I seem to turn the volume knob only the gain is reduced and not the volume super impressive, how it cleans up.
Took this baby out into the sunshine, for her photo session, the blue flame basically seem to catch on fire.
I absolutely love the intensity bright blue I'm a bit of an exhibitionist, fits right in, look at me playing my bright blue guitar. it's a brand-new never played guitar. Manufactured February 4, 2014, the guitar is four years old and never been touched. I really like how the neck in the body and the stain are so odd, very unique details.
A very interesting knot in the neck I hope that doesn't twist I guess it hasn't for four years, can't believe how flawless the action is on the guitar, superlow action not a hint of fret buzz, simply perfect playability.
the mahogany neck must be some sort of yellow mahogany blue stain plus yellow word equals green, I was told they use the same color stain over the entire guitar, each piece of wood took the stain completely differently. I really like the Paisley case too.

here's the top quilt.

PSqwH9b.jpg

PzV68id.jpg

7oxvQry.jpg

ymNmym1.jpg

Great guitar! So many tonal variations with the micro switches!

Like you, I love the beauty of timber and how it doesn’t have to be perfect to be appealing!

Enjoy the heck out of this one!:D

Wow, that's gorgeous. Usually I don't like the faded bluejeans finishes much, but that one knocks me out. Amazing quilt.

[QUOTE="
The mahogany neck must be some sort of yellow mahogany blue stain plus yellow word equals green, I was told they use the same color stain over the entire guitar, each piece of wood took the stain completely differently.
[/QUOTE]

Love the colours and the contrast - the neck reminds me of my faded Royal Blue guitar's neck. I wondered if they had stained the mahogany and maple differently as they're so different - fascinating to know it's the same stain and that it takes differently on the different woods.

From someone who can't see himself ever playing a blue guitar, that thing looks absolutely killer! Very, very nice.

Beautiful!

They aren’t mini-humbuckers, they’re 408 pickups. Different concept, brighter, more about coil splits, etc. Plenty of info on the 408 pickups out there.

Last edited:
That is one gorgeous guitar! That blue looks closer to Royal Blue than Faded Blue Jean to me.. Congratulations!

I dare say that this is my favorite PRS of all. It's at a dream level for me. Congrats!

Great guitar. Congratulations!
Very flexible instrument indeed and I am a bit surprised it is now discontinued. Luckily there are some of those out there..
Enjoy it :)

Love it! Especially dig the way the stains reacted to each piece. That is just cool. BTW, I told you that you would dig the Paul's ;)

Love it! Especially dig the way the stains reacted to each piece. That is just cool. BTW, I told you that you would dig the Paul's ;)

You are correct sir, I dig it.:):). The electronics work so extremely well with those 408 narrowfields (that remind me of a mini humbucker, I guess I'm in trouble with Les):(, joking:),
I'm gonna take the back off and have a look see what kind of mojo electronics are in their.

Just to be clear, the most impressive volume knob I've ever seen on any of my guitars. (that's a dangerous sentence in so many ways). I now understand why Paul kept pointing that out on the about 15 videos he did on the guitar. he kept pointing out the amazing range of tones with the volume and tone knob,

There is one setting on my Marshall amp, where rolling the volume knob from 10 to 6 loses no real volume, it simply rolls gain back from heavy crunch to a beautifully clean Stratocaster tone, super fun, I don't have any guitars that perform at that level, you usually lose another parameter, volume, as well as gain. as well as treble.

It's like I can change the guitar from a Les Paul to a Stratocaster with the volume knob, the humbucker's are pretty compressed, excellent for moderate gain, but they do sound very nice and Bell like on a Fender clean amp, but that single coil tap setting, :cool: I think I could leave the guitar on that setting permanently. the range from hard rock power to clean is spectacular.
I'm so glad I got the tremolo it's what I wanted, PRS tremolos are really good, I did a quick comparison of the sustain between the two guitars 594.
33 seconds versus 36 seconds. Just seems to be no downside to having the tremolo.
I keep reaching for a tremolo bar when I play my 594,
finally a guitar that I have no, none, zero,zilch, nada, intention of changing the pickups.:confused:

Thanks for all the comments

You are correct sir, I dig it.:):). The electronics work so extremely well with those 408 narrowfields (that remind me of a mini humbucker, I guess I'm in trouble with Les):(, joking:),
I'm gonna take the back off and have a look see what kind of mojo electronics are in their.

Just to be clear, the most impressive volume knob I've ever seen on any of my guitars. (that's a dangerous sentence in so many ways). I now understand why Paul kept pointing that out on the about 15 videos he did on the guitar. he kept pointing out the amazing range of tones with the volume and tone knob,

There is one setting on my Marshall amp, where rolling the volume knob from 10 to 6 loses no real volume, it simply rolls gain back from heavy crunch to a beautifully clean Stratocaster tone, super fun, I don't have any guitars that perform at that level, you usually lose another parameter, volume, as well as gain. as well as treble.

It's like I can change the guitar from a Les Paul to a Stratocaster with the volume knob, the humbucker's are pretty compressed, excellent for moderate gain, but they do sound very nice and Bell like on a Fender clean amp, but that single coil tap setting, :cool: I think I could leave the guitar on that setting permanently. the range from hard rock power to clean is spectacular.
I'm so glad I got the tremolo it's what I wanted, PRS tremolos are really good, I did a quick comparison of the sustain between the two guitars 594.
33 seconds versus 36 seconds. Just seems to be no downside to having the tremolo.
I keep reaching for a tremolo bar when I play my 594,
finally a guitar that I have no, none, zero,zilch, nada, intention of changing the pickups.:confused:

Thanks for all the comments

Nice! I completely agree with your assessment!

I'll go on record; not only does everyone need a Santana, everyone also needs a Paul's!

Back