NGD...again

If you play it and fall in with it, hopefully you will get it sorted with the shop.

Well I had to give the fretboard some love, and new strings, the other strings were literally dead. Then I had to give it a quick set up... not something that I've ever had to do with a PRS.

And of course, I plugged it in, turned on the Blackstar HT-5R and immediately this guitar blew me away. So yes, now I'm screwed.

Well I had to give the fretboard some love, and new strings, the other strings were literally dead. Then I had to give it a quick set up... not something that I've ever had to do with a PRS.

And of course, I plugged it in, turned on the Blackstar HT-5R and immediately this guitar blew me away. So yes, now I'm screwed.
You’ve got some communicating to do with the shop then!

You’ve got some communicating to do with the shop then!

Yeah I called them back. I'm getting the cost of a set up back, and they are sending me some Elixir Optiweb strings (actually what I play). While I'm not thrilled with the initial experience, I'm happy that this baby is no longer being manhandled and mistreated. She will have a nice home here where I will take care of her and rock the socks off of it lol

So I noticed if I put a direct light on the guitar at night, there is clearly blue in the top. It's almost like a chameleon cause you can't see it otherwise... very freakin' cool! I'll take a pic tonight and post it.

So unfortunately, I've had to call the company I purchased from (not PRS), because this was stated as brand new, and it's not. It has some very minor damage, 2 dings, both visible on this picture.

The store failed to notify me of this... I'm disappointed in that. Also, the store has a policy that they set up every guitar before shipping it out. Not the case with this one, it's been in the store a while now, and I could tell. I will need to set this up myself.

Overall, this guitar is amazing, however, I am waiting to see what the company will do because they failed 2 of their own policies. Proper set up, and all items are new unless otherwise stated.

I'm pretty sure if PRS knew this authorized dealer is selling their guitars like this they probably wouldn't be impressed. It's their name on the line.
They should at least give you some money back, or some free swag or goodies of some sort. Very nice looking top though, despite the blems.

Here's the chameleon in action.
ZdVuap0.jpg

That's a gorgeous score. I can see the blue in it too now, love it. :cool:

That happened to me when I bought my brand new 2014 CU24; it wasn't brand new, but like you I got it for a great price and was already in love with it by I got back in touch with the shop. They were really good to be honest, sent me some strings, some polish, and a full brand new set of Phase IIIs because a couple of the tuners were slightly marked. Considering I also saved 600 quid on list price I was seriously pleased..................and then I dinged it straight into my studio table. :eek:
So forget about the dings if you love it, because they may not be the last knocks it'll get (but I hope they are) ;)

A demo guitar is technically new, but it's not so ethical to keep that info from the buyer.

Yes that's exactly the point I made. Don't tell me it's brand new, then when I call when receiving tell me it was on clearance because of the very minor damage. I would've been fine it if they just advertised it as so.. like Demo / shows sign of use.

That's a gorgeous score. I can see the blue in it too now, love it. :cool:

That happened to me when I bought my brand new 2014 CU24; it wasn't brand new, but like you I got it for a great price and was already in love with it by I got back in touch with the shop. They were really good to be honest, sent me some strings, some polish, and a full brand new set of Phase IIIs because a couple of the tuners were slightly marked. Considering I also saved 600 quid on list price I was seriously pleased..................and then I dinged it straight into my studio table. :eek:
So forget about the dings if you love it, because they may not be the last knocks it'll get (but I hope they are) ;)

Yeah the color is quite cool! I like it :) I can only imagine your reaction when you dinged it in your table! lol

The dings don't bother me, it's a guitar, it's meant to be played... while I would've wanted to be the one to ding it... that would've been more preferable. But alas, it is now in a good home being played as much as I can.

Yes that's exactly the point I made. Don't tell me it's brand new, then when I call when receiving tell me it was on clearance because of the very minor damage. I would've been fine it if they just advertised it as so.. like Demo / shows sign of use.

Yeah the color is quite cool! I like it :) I can only imagine your reaction when you dinged it in your table! lol

The dings don't bother me, it's a guitar, it's meant to be played... while I would've wanted to be the one to ding it... that would've been more preferable. But alas, it is now in a good home being played as much as I can.

It's gorgeous, you've definitely scored there
You know what, I was less annoyed than I thought I would be, probably because I've dinged so many guitars I was expecting it lol. Like you, I play them and try my hardest not to worry too much about it - the dark blue '08 came with it's own pre-prepared dings, that's my gigging guitar now!
That all said, I do very much look after my gear.

If it makes you feel better:

1. That's a gorgeous axe
2. My US PRS was shop soiled too, despite also being advertised as brand new factory fresh condition. No damage or anything, just scuff marks and some tiny dings... shop wear. At least in my case they still did the full phone call, setup, fret dress etc and it was on sale, so I suspected it might have sat in the shop for a while.

I think once a guitar is more than 1.5 or 2 years old, and it's been on display for this time, it should have a disclaimer stating it's been demo stock or may be shop soiled etc. Pretty dodgy they didn't do the setup either, they sound pretty lazy but yeah on the bright side this guitar has a new loving home :)

One of my local shops has a McCarty in it, that has been “shop-loved”. When the guy who was serving me realised (not normally his department) he was really embarrassed!

It’s up to shops to look after their stock. If it is damaged, I totally agree, they should state this so there aren’t any nasty surprises.

Thanks guys! I didn't know there was information like that available from a code, that's awesome to know. I'll definitely check it out. It's kinda crazy how my Les Pauls are disappearing and being replaced by PRS'. The moment I got my SE ZM in January, it's been downhill from there...for my wallet.

I'm extremely excited to be receiving this tomorrow and will post actual photos once it is in my hands. That's if I don't forget because I'll be playing the crap out of it! :)

Ha, you'll find most all of your "stupid" guitars will go away. Almost a disease, maybe CDC should look into this!!

Back