NGD - 30th Anniv. Private stock Custom 24 Royal Blue?

That is incredible... and I kind of dig it too. Like a pair of faded jeans.

It is a comfortable ride but I'd really like to get my hands on one of the PS 30th Anniversary guitars like yours. Just haven't found one at the right price yet.

I have to admit the flame marks look identical. But if PRS guitars had this much fade in 3 years, they'd get serious push back. It'd be all over the Internet.

I'd contact the factory. It's so weird.

Not to hijack the thread but this guitar is Royal Blue. It didn't turn green but it certainly faded.

T3emJZbl.jpg

BAytSwPl.jpg

I would never be ok with that. YMMV.

I would never be ok with that. YMMV.

I would never attempt to argue with that at all. The guitar is 32 years old and the fading makes it look even more beat up than it really is.

That is a beauty no matter what color! I'd be bummed about the not blue( cuz blue guitars sound best;)) but Royal Blue has been known to fade...bet to fade that much while it's only out for pictures? It certainly looks more green in your photos...That's an odd one...

Whatever you decide to do...Rock out on it!

Cool color now, but why would the seller use pics from when the guitar was new, over 3 years ago. If you're selling it now, show it in its current condition.
Agree with this. With the money you probably paid, combined with the false advertising, I would strongly consider returning it to the seller. Unless you REALLY love it.

Kevin

Woke up to a fierce windstorm here in Northern VA and found out that the facility I work at was closed today due to lack of power. I knew it would be a good day anyway because it was NGD and I was expectantly going downstairs to check the UPS tracking and see where it was only to receive an email that I could pick it up at 8am (I had previously arranged for them to hold at depot since I figured I would be at work).

So... let me start at the beginning where I was looking for a blue guitar surfing reverb and found a pic that just took my breath away. I found this:
a7anYGv.jpg

And I pretty much couldn't think of anything else until I pulled the trigger and purchased it. It was near double what I was planning on spending but I hadn't seen anything that struck me like that ever before. Which brings me to today.

Got home, unboxed and found this gorgeous case
cPaTQmC.jpg

And then held my breath as I opened and found
ea85jBi.jpg

And while it is pretty, my response was WTF! It's green! So here are the glamour shots. I love the body, the neck, the feel, its setup nicely, imminently playable...
XZkF0EF.jpg

fQqxyUH.jpg

y6RoPnk.jpg

m1jCqMl.jpg

But it is green and not the blue guitar I thought I was getting. It is growing on me but... damn, I can't help that I feel a bit let down given my expectations. I went back to the Reverb listing and there are a three shots at the end which are certainly not as blue as the first three but they don't near approximate the green machine I now have here with me. Nonetheless its a gorgeous instrument.

And here is my PRS Family as it now sits. SE Santana, SE Soapbar II and now the 30th PS Custom 24 each taking a turn posed in my display case.
2ANrkqS.jpg
8mbgSUQ.jpg
UBIgfvv.jpg
Gorgeous! Not that it matters, since it's your guitar, I actually think the green looks better. At least in photos

Cool color now, but why would the seller use pics from when the guitar was new, over 3 years ago. If you're selling it now, show it in its current condition.

Agree with this. With the money you probably paid, combined with the false advertising, I would strongly consider returning it to the seller. Unless you REALLY love it.

Kevin

The selling shop kind of did. It's obviously greenish in the few pics of the Reverb listing

The selling shop kind of did. It's obviously greenish in the few pics of the Reverb listing

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think "kind of did" is good enough for the last couple of pics on a 7 grand guitar. Those first few pics would be what draws you to even look at the ad. If I was looking for a Trampas Green guitar, I would have skipped right over this.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think "kind of did" is good enough for the last couple of pics on a 7 grand guitar. Those first few pics would be what draws you to even look at the ad. If I was looking for a Trampas Green guitar, I would have skipped right over this.

Oh, I completely agree. It isn't. But, it's better than not at all. Either way, I'd be pissed, and trying to figure out what to do.

Beautiful guitar!

I have one of its sisters in vintage yellow. Super-nice guitar. I love playing it, and get a ton of use out of it in my work.

I love this guitar... ultimately you don't stare at it when you play it... and it plays, lord does it play. I named her, we're already getting into a relationship that appears will last.
It's all good. A few of my favorite women have looked different in person than in their pictures... but that's another tale for another day.

I love this guitar... ultimately you don't stare at it when you play it... and it plays, lord does it play. I named her, we're already getting into a relationship that appears will last.
It's all good. A few of my favorite women have looked different in person than in their pictures... but that's another tale for another day.

Love this post! Perfect analogy!

I saw that listing as well and I was worried that first picture was from when he first got it because he had other pictures of it faded. I thought maybe his white balance was off at first but now I know he was doing a bait and switch. I guarantee it has not been in its case "all this time". I know it's hard to give up such a fine instrument, but if it were me I'd return it on principle. You can't trick people like that.

Blue has been famous for fading, especially with PRS. It is a lot of factors together. The dye, the wood. etc. My faded blue jean ME Quatro was always in its case, when not being played. In two years it faded a whole lot more.

Back