NGD : 2007 SE SemiHollow and Upgrade Log

d1backwoods

CISUM
I’ve owned several guitars but i have finally met my match. No, it’s not a Custom/Private stock piece, but once I played it...well yeah I knew this is THE ONE

I call it Prez

Already installed Schaller Straplocks and CE Black Lampshade knobs

u5kR47o.jpg

Got Duncan JB and Jazz pups going in, new nut, and setup with DR Blues 10’s

Going to be an amazing machine , hopefully will record a good sound clip once it’s back together

Got Duncan JB and Jazz pups going in, new nut, and setup with DR Blues 10’s

Going to be an amazing machine , hopefully will record a good sound clip once it’s back together
I had that exact year and color with the JB and Jazz, and still regret selling it 5 years later. Enjoy!

Thanks for that feedback! Was cautious about not going with lollartrons but after watching videos I think I made the right move

I would really appreciate your thoughts. I’m on the brink of a purchase, but the 16k bridge pickup, in comparison to the 7.2k on the neck, seems a little hot.

Just wondering your experiences? Thanks

I would really appreciate your thoughts. I’m on the brink of a purchase, but the 16k bridge pickup, in comparison to the 7.2k on the neck, seems a little hot.

Just wondering your experiences? Thanks

With the 2 knob configuration I primarily utilized the neck for my rhythm work (occasionally middle) and would toggle to the JB for lead. With the higher output of the JB, it would give a definitive boost. As always it comes down to personal preference, but I did dig it.

With the 2 knob configuration I primarily utilized the neck for my rhythm work (occasionally middle) and would toggle to the JB for lead. With the higher output of the JB, it would give a definitive boost. As always it comes down to personal preference, but I did dig it.
Thanks I’m considering a set of “hot-Rodded” for a new project

I sadly reply that this guitar has been traded off some time back, but its love still remains the same. As always I search for the next thing and haven't owned another PRS since this one.

Hopefully that will change in the coming months (made the swap to a Fender Jaguar Player Series)

Back