NGD... 2006 CE24 Mahogany Gold...With Pic!

Sweet guitar. Glad you found it. Not gonna lie, I thought about the platinum sister they had. 2006...is that glossy or satin neck?

Welp, you’ve inspired me to add ivory pickup rings and uncovered pickups to my list when my blazing copper CE gets sent to the PTC. It’s a great look.

This is a follow up to my previous thread with a picture. As stated in my previous thread, this was slightly less than advertised by the seller but it's still 95% of a brand new 12 year old guitar and that is fine with me in the end. I have never seen one in this color and don't reckon I will again. This fixes one of my regrets in guitar purchases/sales and that is letting my blazing copper 20th anniversary CE go. But, I'm actually more happy with this one because it's in a color I have always loved. Thus, this one will be staying for good. I have already inquired and gotten a response from the PTC on the McCarty switching conversion with installation of some Dimarzio Gravity Storm pickups. So, probably in a week, she'll be on a truck again.

As a side note, and I don't want to offend other folks or PRS, but PRS really needs to make these like they used to. I had one of the new model CEs and it's just no comparison. That guitar was downright dead compared to this one. Just my 2 cents. These original CE's have some magic.

5PX707X.jpg

Thats a real beauty. I also have one of the 2006 CE's and agree completely about the modern one not being anywhere near as nice. Like others have said I think they are completely different beasts, the older models just feel more tactile and just seem to play better.

heres mine

Update: She arrived successfully at PRS yesterday for the magic to start happening. Took me forever to get her out the door, because I have a renovation about to happen and that has been occupying my brain.

Update: She arrived successfully at PRS yesterday for the magic to start happening. Took me forever to get her out the door, because I have a renovation about to happen and that has been occupying my brain.

She's in mighty fine hands now!

Back