NGD 1999 Paul Reed Smith Swamp Ash Special

Thanks everybody and I totally wont miss the EJ although it was great this is way better for me. Is there any place where its some extended info for these based on the serial number its a 1999 model, where these custom ordered sometimes because this neck is outrageous as far as looks go imo and then for the dot markers above the the fretboard they appear to be metal. Again I'm not too versed on PRS guitars I just fell in love recently

Under the pickups there is a code ( Modcat ) that will tell you more about the guitar

I did an even trade for one of my strats for this guitar. Its the PRS of my dreams plays like butter and is beautiful to look at makes me proud to hold it in my hands, pretty positive the middle pickup was changed out. Sorry for the bad pics my phones not good for much more than calling and texting lol

vZCYCzs.jpg

4NY6Lei.jpg
74jTjfK.jpg
UslYuMG.jpg

Congrats on the find! That’s a really sweet guitar.

So just pulled out the neck humbucker its some writing there but no sticker I saw a sticker under the bridge pickup but wont be able to check it out until a string change. I tried the MODCAT website but didnt get anything back looks like I'm missing some info on whats written in the neck humbucker route
NJpIvKp.jpg

uwmx36l.jpg

So just pulled out the neck humbucker its some writing there but no sticker I saw a sticker under the bridge pickup but wont be able to check it out until a string change. I tried the MODCAT website but didnt get anything back looks like I'm missing some info on whats written in the neck humbucker route
It's on the sticker- fairly long combo of #'s and letters.

Btw, I love a SAS with natural finish. That or a SASNF is still on my list of PRS I need to get someday. I had a 97 SAS that I probably shouldn’t have let go. It wasn’t natural finish though.

Way back before I ever came here, I always wanted my second PRS to be an SAS. HSH with McCarty’s FTW! Congrats on the new guitar. I really love that one!

Very cool! Always been a big fan of PRS's Swamp Ash guitars. I've been drooling over Swamp Ash Studios on Reverb for a while now.

I love this guitar I'm usually a modder when I get a new guitar, but this one is perfect as is. Only thing I can think of changing is those winged tuners they are a bit annoying lol

I did an even trade for one of my strats for this guitar. Its the PRS of my dreams plays like butter and is beautiful to look at makes me proud to hold it in my hands, pretty positive the middle pickup was changed out. Sorry for the bad pics my phones not good for much more than calling and texting lol

vZCYCzs.jpg

4NY6Lei.jpg
74jTjfK.jpg
UslYuMG.jpg
Looks nice, makes me want one, ha.

Is there any place where its some extended info for these based on the serial number its a 1999 model, where these custom ordered sometimes because this neck is outrageous as far as looks go imo and then for the dot markers above the the fretboard they appear to be metal.

Yup, they could be special ordered. I ordered a red one with an Artist Package around the early to mid 2000s, and it was pretty awesome. Had a flamed neck like yours.

Your fret markers aren’t metal; what you have is the fabled PRS Moon Inlays. Pretty awesome.

Kinda wish I still had mine, but at the time I was GASing for a RW McCarty Soapbar, and wound up buying one of PRS’ NAMM guitars. Kinda wish I still had that one, too. I have a lot of “kinda wish I hadn’t sold that” moments.

I could almost say I’ve been good about keeping them lately, but back in November I traded in a very nice McCarty on a 594. So I’d be lyin’. :oops:

Back