Next PRS electric guitar?

Ron

For years my number one was a PRS CU22, with a wide thin neck. I did make a couple changes, one to the 59/09 pickups and then to 3-way push/pull controls. Love that guitar, but then I bought a 594. What a great guitar, now the CU22 gathers dust. It took a few days to adjust to the neck on the 594 but once I did it's hard going back to the 22 wide thin. The only thing I miss is the tremolo arm. I've gotten past inadvertently reaching for it but I still think about it.

Now with those things in mind what should I consider next? It's been a while since I played a DGT. I'm a huge Grissom fan but the neck shape wasn't my style back then, maybe now? And of course the Silver Sky has certainly peaked my interest. Thoughts on these? Any others I should consider?

Why limit yourself to just the NEXT guitar? I like to plan at least FIVE guitars into the future...

Agree with the suggestions of CE, DGT, Santana, Paul’s, and 509...so far. See how easy it is to get to five?

Why limit yourself to just the NEXT guitar? I like to plan at least FIVE guitars into the future...

Agree with the suggestions of CE, DGT, Santana, Paul’s, and 509...so far. See how easy it is to get to five?

I like your thinking. Unfortunately, I’m one of the mice and men whose best-laid plans oft go astray!

All of the above. I am partial to Santana, DGT and Paul/408.
SAS or silver sky get you to a different tonal space.
And HB piezo should be in everybody’s room.

I totally agree with you about HB piezo, I'll pm you my address so you can send me one.

I like the way you think! My tastes outweigh my funds so I have to think one at a time!

Sounds like the DGT is a serious candidate. I forgot about the 509 and just noticed a Santana Retro with trem, great options! Does PRS still offer Paul's guitar? I didn't see it on the website. I'll have to check out the HB piezo, sounds interesting and useful.

Thanks!

Don't forget a good old CU22 with a trem I have one with a wide fat neck that is to die for !!!
I also believe there were some 594 double cuts with trems
The one of everything PRS collection is great fun ( ask how I know ) but hazardous to your wallet

You need a new CU22. They all have the fat neck and trem now. The 85/15 pickups are phenomenal. I have a 594 and a newer CU22 and it's tough to pick a favorite.

I love the 8515s as well. My only complaint is seems the bridge pickup needs to be set pretty high to balance with the neck.

I noticed that with the 594 I had and my own Mccarty. Seems guitars I see for sale have bridge pickups kind of high too so must be more than my tastes.

It's a moot point anyway since I'm getting a free guitar!!! WOOT WOOT! !!

Is it blue?
The spare with piezo is blue.
Spare because this ain’t goin’ anywhere.
CK_159BurlHollowbodyBodyAAA.JPG

Back