New Year's Eve

Out to dinner at 7PM with same friends for about 30 years. Then back to his house with three couples to play Apples to Apples until the ball drops. Very little drinking ...

Out to dinner at 7PM with same friends for about 30 years. Then back to his house with three couples to play Apples to Apples until the ball drops. Very little drinking ...

If you like Apples to Apples Bill I suggest you check out Cards Against Humanity. Just recently got a set and am still in pain from laughing.

(Sick humor warning, obviously | http://www.cardsagainsthumanity.com/ )

Sitting at home with the wife and kids....probably wait for them all to fall asleep and then watch the ball drop in my office while holding a guitar. :D

I plan to have a nice evening alone. Nothing new there, but tonight I'll have (A) a nice bottle of inexpensive champagne from some liquor store with a driveup window, (B) DVDs from The Who (Live in Texas '75) and Led Zeppelin (Celebration Day), (C) various other music, and (D) my SE One - NO thanks to Santa! - to keep me company. Safe, sound, and off the icy streets.
May everyone have a SAFE and FUN night. Happy New Year to you all! :congrats:

Lloyd/Goldtop/Queen of Clubs

Last edited:
Gig tonight. Never really liked playing on NYE tho... (rather be home wearing sweats & slippers) :)

I'm printing out a paper version oc CardsAgainstHumanity now... We have another couple coming over for dinner and games.

I'll give a SitRep later or an After Action Report tomorrow. :)

Quiet evening was spent with wife and our two girls, flipping back and forth between Anderson Cooper-Kathy Griffin and the "other shows" that hosted the Biebs/Taylor Swift, etc. (kept the 9 year old happy). Fortunately, the 7 year old can't stand either one.

Definately staying in. Think i'll curl up with my girlfriend and some beer and watch Jools Holland.

Definately NOT staying in next year! The neighbours started their 'party' at 6pm and finished around 5am.

One of the best New Years I had was when I spent New Years in a Chinese Resteaurant in L'pools Chinatown. Only a handful of customers, but everyone was totally relaxed. We toasted New Years and carried on with our meal before finishing the night in an Irish bar. No queing up for hours to buy a beer or paying extortionate prices, just a chilled evening with some good food, good drink and good company!

After Action Report:

I printed out a paper version of Cards Against Humanity and we played it New Year's Eve. It took about 3 or four rounds before we really got into the spirit of the game - I was not expecting quite that level of inappropriateness. But once we loosened up, it got better. The funniest part of the game was that the meekest of the women kept getting all of the truly raunchy and descriptive cards to play - and she won the game by a over a 2-1 margin of the next highest player...

An enjoyable game to be sure, but it needs the proper audience - or copious amounts of alcohol.

Back