New Year Resolutions - If you have them what are they?

I'm resolved to encourage teaching and civil discourse; avoid intolerance; make new and lasting friendships; and do my best to make positive things happen for the people around me.

There has been enough hatred, anger and violent death in the world to last a billion lifetimes.

Enough.

* Record an album
* Get fitter (run 8-10 miles comfortably)
* Be more patient

The most serious ones:

Give up smoking. I've been cutting back slowly but surely but I want to stop once Xmas /New Year/ Birthday is out the way.
Get fit.

I'm turning 35 and don't want to slip into middle age feeling unfit and worrying about potential ill health if I keep living the lifestyle I am.

Others:

I want to play more and record more. I've got a couple of original tunes I want to finish and i'll be doing a demo for my new guitar.
Get in a band. I miss playing with a group and i'm getting fed up with making music on my own.
Either get a better, full time job or possibly look at going back to college to learn some new skills in September.
I want 2013 to be the last year renting the house I live in. It means cutting back on a lot of things, except for...
A holiday! Nothing major, maybe a few days in a European city.

I never made a New Year's resolution. However, this year I resolve to undo the 15 lbs. weight gain that started in November 2011. I am also resolving to return to regular resistance training on non-bike riding days.

Starting my resolutions (properly) in a week. If I start them today then i'll give up in a weeks time with a Birthday blowout. So i'll ease into it. Finish up the mountain of sweets. Drink the beer and smoke the ciggys and then i'll do the post Xmas weigh in on the 8th... See what the damage is! ;)

Lose 20 lbs by the next PRS Experience.

I managed to go to Florida for a week, (and eat out every single night ) and actually LOSE 1 pound!

Jamie

Back