New Year Resolutions - If you have them what are they?

jfb

Plank Owner
In 2012 I started to learn the value of lightening up and taking in some different experiences. That said I have never made new year resolutions in the past but decided to do so this year. I imagine I will add some things to the list in the future but here they are in no particular order.

• Visit my dealer's shop. I'm in STL and he's in Canada. I have never been.
  • Visit 3 different forums members for the weekend. Must be separate trips and separate states.
  • Raise $5,000 for the Humane Society of Missouri.
  • Do something measurable to help promote PRS. Maybe you guys can help me think of something. I have a few things in mind.
  • Post one valuable thread a week as per my agreement with Hans for the 7 of Hearts.
  • Work through one music book/video a month.
  • Take at least one music lesson a week.
  • Give someone a guitar.
  • Tag team a PS with someone. I think it would be great to watch someone else build a PS and have them be around for my build.
  • Start painting / making art again. Get said art into galleries and get at least 6 sales. I have a BFA with a specialization in print making. Before I finished my subsequent degrees I lost all of the art work I had created in college due to an issue at a storage unit. I lost every newspaper clipping, slide, photograph...everything. I did not have a digital camera then. I wager most people didn't. I haven't gotten back on the horse since. It is time.
  • Finish my project studio and record some songs.
  • Learn Logic 9 and ToonTrack Superior Drummer.
  • Score at least 5 voice gigs. I have always been told I should be in radio or do voice work.
  • Hang out with J. Hayes. Turns out he lives really close to me.
  • Get a tattoo with Paul Miles from Jeff Gogue. Yes, seriously.
  • Get in significantly better shape by my birthday in May. My wife does both power lifting and bikini fitness competitions. She is in amazing shape. I need to step it up a notch...or two. More on this later after I get an idea of my goals.
  • Start a new business. I have some ideas.
Here's to a productive 2013!

If you have made any what are yours?

• Visit my dealer's shop. I'm in STL and he's in Canada. I have never been.
  • Visit 3 different forums members for the weekend. Must be separate trips and separate states.
That was a big list. Bigger than I would ever consider in one shot, but cheers to you.
BUT you must tell me when you are going to visit the shop and I'll make sure I'm in town. And you might recall an offer of a spare room which still stands.

I have few promises to myself planned for 2013.
I do expect to increase my vacation time and visit some new places.
I am working on my fund raising skills for the Ride to Conquer Cancer, which I did with my daughter last year and will do again this June.

The most serious ones:

Give up smoking. I've been cutting back slowly but surely but I want to stop once Xmas /New Year/ Birthday is out the way.
Get fit.

I'm turning 35 and don't want to slip into middle age feeling unfit and worrying about potential ill health if I keep living the lifestyle I am.

Others:

I want to play more and record more. I've got a couple of original tunes I want to finish and i'll be doing a demo for my new guitar.
Get in a band. I miss playing with a group and i'm getting fed up with making music on my own.
Either get a better, full time job or possibly look at going back to college to learn some new skills in September.
I want 2013 to be the last year renting the house I live in. It means cutting back on a lot of things, except for...
A holiday! Nothing major, maybe a few days in a European city.

That was a big list. Bigger than I would ever consider in one shot, but cheers to you.
BUT you must tell me when you are going to visit the shop and I'll make sure I'm in town. And you might recall an offer of a spare room which still stands.

Looks like I am well on my way to checking off two items. I much appreciate the hospitality. Any chance we will be tag teaming Ps's in March? I would love to check off another item. I am sure you will achieve your goals for 2013. They are good ones indeed.

Looks like I am well on my way to checking off two items. I much appreciate the hospitality. Any chance we will be tag teaming Ps's in March? I would love to check off another item. I am sure you will achieve your goals for 2013. They are good ones indeed.

That will depend on timing. I have some other travel I need to do in March, which for reasons unknown is often my busiest month.

- Get tracking on that licensing library I promised our publishing partner.
- Have those remodeling tweaks done to my studio that I promised myself.
- Lose another 20 pounds.
- Visit my son in LA (if they ever finish the record they're working on!).
- Go to Austin and buy new boots (I know. But really great boots are hard to find).
- Find a warmer place to live.
- Put together a loosely organized performance ensemble with a few great players just for the hell of it.

Give up smoking,vaccum clean more often,record a demo and not buying any more guitars or parts.(im happy with what i got)

Last edited:
2013 Resolutions - Lets start talking about them.

For me I am going to spend more time writing and recording. I have been working on new songs for this past year and I want to try to get my ideas into finished songs and recorded by the end of next year. With 2 young kids it goes slower for me than most.

Congrats Wedge, what's your degree in?

Finishing up a Business Administration degree.......only took me four and a half years going at night :)

Holding a 4.0 going into my last class in January.....should have done this when I was younger (49 in a couple days) but at least my daughter sees me studying and she is aware of the importance of going to college.

Back