New Year and new pickups for my ME 1 NOS: 57/08 neck & \m/ ?

enigma

The results from the other thread shows 15 for 57/08-59/09 combination to 11 total of all other combination I was considering. Now, I do love HFS bridge and someone mentioned that 59/09 is not as hot as HFS. Plus, I like the look of uncovered pickups on MEs.

What do you guys think of this combination? Sean, can I get \m/ bridge uncovered??? :)

57/08 neck + \m/ bridge uncovered? Sonically, I think it'd would work and visually very interesting (?)

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. If they can't do the \m/ uncovered, you'll have to figure out how to get the brushed look. :)

Beautiful ME bro! I think that would be a cool combo: PAF in the neck slot and a fire breather in the bridge. I might go with the 59/09 neck as it is a little hotter and will balance better with the \m/ pickup. Also, even if you can't get the \m/ pickup without a cover I wouldn't let it deter you; removing a cover is a pretty simple task!

Beautiful ME bro! I think that would be a cool combo: PAF in the neck slot and a fire breather in the bridge. I might go with the 59/09 neck as it is a little hotter and will balance better with the \m/ pickup. Also, even if you can't get the \m/ pickup without a cover I wouldn't let it deter you; removing a cover is a pretty simple task!

Good point! I'll have to really play some 57/08 and 59/09 loaded PRS guitars at my local GC to gauge what I really prefer! :)

It would have a Tremonti vibe going on visually.

Right! I knew I was inspired by a look I saw before. The more I look at the Tremonti model the more im going for this combo.

Maybe an \m/ bass pickup in the bridge? The \m/s are really hot (bridge is 15k), but I have great luck dropping the volume to get lower output sounds (without losing tone) so it might be just fine!

Back