New to this forum - Had a very bad night last night at my gig!

I don't often use strap locks as I have one trusty strap that floats between my guitars. But I've used Loxx strap locks in the past and they're pretty great. Price is comparable to the competition and they're pretty solid.

Every guitar I own has the same strap buttons it left the factory with. I use the red rubber washers that come on Grolsch beer bottles' lids. They are super tough and work great. The only issue with PRS buttons is that they are kind of big so I have to either bypass the red rubber washers or just use a really old vaguely stretched out set. I would have to say that I like the PRS strap buttons the best as the size is perfect for my purposes. Obviously YMMV. I used strap locks for years and had them fail many times. I tried all different brands Dunlop, schaller, grover, zeppelin, loxx etc etc etc. They all failed at one point or another. I lost 3 sets of vintage les paul tuners, and two custom shop jackson headstocks to strap locks. Now since I've used the red rubber washers I haven't had an issue since. I even used them on tour. They are great. Fender now makes some that say fender you can buy, I think they are called Fender Strap Blocks?!? I don't recall off hand...google it. They are cheap. Sorry to hear about the damage. It isn't ever easy. My guitars are all a little rough(-ish) here and there, overall they look good. I take care of them but at the end of the day as long as there isn't structural damage, its better than it could be! Cheers!

I just purchased an NF3. I was so jazzed to let this beautiful guitar rip last night at my gig. First of all, my band tunes down a half step. Dont ask why, I dont agree with it either. It took about 30 minutes to get it to hold a stable tuning. I suppose it is because of the floating bridge.

I just saw this post and while others have talked at length about how to solve the strap issue that you had (my condolences), I also play periodically live with someone who tunes down a 1/2 step (he claims because of the song selection) & I have had the same issue as you have with all my PRS guitars. My work around has been simple. I tune the guitar down a 1/2 step before I go the the gig / practice and go through "the pain" in advance. That way, I am ready to go at the gig. I sympathize with your predicament.

Back