new stuff for NAMM....

Super interested in grabbing a combo. Those look really cool.

I reckon these will be announced before NAMM... that's been the way PRS has been doing it in the last year or two. I think getting the press out beforehand gives them a chance to put out demo videos in a more controlled environment, and just get the word out before the crazy starts.

I reckon these will be announced before NAMM... that's been the way PRS has been doing it in the last year or two. I think getting the press out beforehand gives them a chance to put out demo videos in a more controlled environment, and just get the word out before the crazy starts.

If these were not close to completion
The Reps would have yanked the pics down within hours
I think it's safe to say they Are likely the next product announcement page
Likely before end of month

I'd like to qualify that (dsl price point ref above) as I think he was saying in interview last year something along the lines of having an amp that was obtainable to younger bands rather than cost prohibitive.....but based on the new premier guitar rig down...maybe its aligned alongside archon rather than priced below? maybe im misreading it

guess its a wait n see

I'd like to qualify that (dsl price point ref above) as I think he was saying in interview last year something along the lines of having an amp that was obtainable to younger bands rather than cost prohibitive.....but based on the new premier guitar rig down...maybe its aligned alongside archon rather than priced below? maybe im misreading it

guess its a wait n see

I wonder if perhaps there are 2
The SE version shown in this thread
And his CORE version same amp just US build with different faceplates
And aesthetics
The interesting thing in this thread
Is there is a 20 and 50 Mark talked about how cool to have a lil 8 watt amp if the 20 has the 1/2 power
Switch you could get 9 or 10 watts
i could be totally wrong and they are just new SE based on the custom 50
Not Archon based at all

Another thing I noticed about this party
It was in Nashville and looks to be a studio if you look close you can see skull
Wallpaper and the dude demoing tattooed
It does not look like a country amp

Maybe I have just had too much coffee
I will wait and see now

guess its a wait n see
I watched the rig rundown video too, and it seems to me that it will be a Signature amp that is based on the Archon but voiced more towards what Mark likes in his Bogner, and I suspect will be similarly priced - might even be more, why not if it is exactly what Mr Tremonti wants in an amp? But there may be lower wattage variants that would be lower priced, and maybe all the way down to a 25W or even 15W version, we can hope.

Facts I know from Mark...
First amp released will be 15 watts, very reasonable priced, two channels...Got the info directly from him...possible release date March 17 or later

We
Facts I know from Mark...
First amp released will be 15 watts, very reasonable priced, two channels...Got the info directly from him...possible release date March 17 or later

Well that ends speculation them
I wonder if it el84 at that low a wattage
So then Sonzera is something totally
Different

They have done well to keep silent upto now, like somebody else pointed out PRS could have yanked the pics at any time but have happily let us conject on the subject for a few weeks. I have two of the SE range amps and a 212 cab and cant fault them. Based on the changes to the SE Guitar line for 2017 these are exciting times ahead...!

Yes, it's nice PRS is letting us guess, second guess, etc. PRS has announced all new products prior to NAMM, so it won't be long now. This is similar to when the SE basses came out and one of them was pictured being played at a "PRS event" somewhere. I'm not normally a combo guy, but I hope it sounds really good. I'd really like something to grab n go or be able move something easily from room to room at home.

What Christmas card Lol
Prs sends out Christmas cards to Sig club members. Marc Quigley posted the shot on his instagram. Here's a crop of my card.

585F26E8-433B-44A9-B13C-B64E698EBF99_zpsdh7ztbol.jpg

Prs sends out Christmas cards to Sig club members. Marc Quigley posted the shot on his instagram. Here's a crop of my card.

585F26E8-433B-44A9-B13C-B64E698EBF99_zpsdh7ztbol.jpg

That's the amp I saw in the factory during my tour back in September. I think the name was Sonzera. The guitar was placed strategically so the shadow of the neck obscures the name. I guess this is an official teaser photo. I was told recently that there's a new import amp coming out soon after NAMM and this is it. They said it will be available in 20 and 50 watt versions as a head or a combo.

:) like the subterfuge advertising

Reverb on the 20 combo? I'll admit to trying to find out what white Boss pedal it was on top of one of them in the earlier photos from the jam, thought it was reverb, so wrong again

.....so 2 channel (likely foot switchable) with independent controls and a global presence and reverb, and effects loop?

:) like the subterfuge advertising

Reverb on the 20 combo? I'll admit to trying to find out what white Boss pedal it was on top of one of them in the earlier photos from the jam, thought it was reverb, so wrong again

.....so 2 channel (likely foot switchable) with independent controls and a global presence and reverb, and effects loop?

I would think it will have a loop
It's definitely not full Archon bred
As it has global presence unless
The bass switch has a pull depth control under the guitar
I am think more of an import custom
50 SE

Be interesting to hear where the new import line sits sonically. I thought the SE 50 sounded pretty good. It seemed a little more "modern" sounding than the few custom 50 amps I tried, but that was just how it was voiced I think. Will be a tough choice to decide on if the Tremonti amp doesn't come out til March. I hope one of these combos floats my boat. While I'm not a combo guy, I'd like something that's easy to grab and move around from room to room in the house.

Back