New SE's are upon us!!!

Headstock is welcome change for me. Everything about the SE range is classy apart from the logo which for me was an aesthetic let down.

Just wish they would re-instate the Bernie.

Couldn't agree more with both your points. Would love to see the Bernies back in the SE line.

Only thing PRS needs to do now is substitute the nut for a TUSQ and I will be very happy.

disappointed in the lack of colour options for the se245. Other than that not much to whine about,lets see if they are doing anything to the S2 line for 2017
In general I find the lack of color options in the SE line frustrating. I know that by offering only two colors on some models it keeps costs low, but I would love to see something like Eriza Verde or Emerald Green (I'm in a green mood recently). OTOH, PRS probably knows their market very well, and if they feel that 90% of customers are satisfied with the current options, it might not be financially viable to offer up additional colors.

The Cherry Sunburst and Tobacco Sunburst finishes look great and are classics for what the SE245 represents, but I gotta wonder whether there are potential customers of that model (not me, right now, I will admit) that want something a little out of the traditional box, colorwise.

Be interesting to see future demos of the overseas pickups against the usa ones...I like the fact that they are said to have increased pickup quality across the range, good idea there

Not bothered about original headstock, and I like the old moons

Modders can still upgrade bits n bobs at low cost anyways, but hopefully Qc will catch skinny nut slots

The big thing that separates the Core and SE line are hardware, pickups, tone wood selection, materials, etc. Moving the SE to the truss rod cover is a small aesthetic change that solidifies consistency in branding. They are PRS products after all. The large SE on the headstock was an eyesore and you want the least amount of deterrents as possible when moving a product. Even though they are the entry level tier of PRS guitars, you still want them to be as attractive as possible right?
There isn`t a day that goes by where I don`t see some sleaziness on eBay with PRS. Right now, there`s a guy who has an S2 that he`s trying to pass off as an SC250. If the SE is moved to the truss rod cover only, I`m afraid it`ll open up the fraud even more. The new headstock is tasteful, and it`ll be easy to tell them apart.

Any news on the PRS SE Custom 24 2017 tremolo - is it different from the 2016 - it states, PRS patented tremolo (molded) and not PRS designed tremolo as in the Standard version and previous 2016 custom 24 edition

Any news on the PRS SE Custom 24 2017 tremolo - is it different from the 2016 - it states, PRS patented tremolo (molded) and not PRS designed tremolo as in the Standard version and previous 2016 custom 24 edition
It could just be that in the time between the USPTO has awarded the patent to the design.

Anyone know if the new Holcomb SE will have the signature logo now?

I just picked one up two weeks ago and I might be slightly disappointed that I didn't wait if that's the case.

Anyone know if the new Holcomb SE will have the signature logo now?

I just picked one up two weeks ago and I might be slightly disappointed that I didn't wait if that's the case.

There have been some pics of the Holcomb SE around recently, with the new logo. I already ordered a Holcomb mid of last month and I would like to get it as 2017 edition, too.
I sent those pic to my store and they confirmed.
That said, all the clips broadcasted recently by e.g. Andertons showed up with new Logo SEs. They have been delivered in the last days, therefore I assume all guitars which will get to the stores from now are 2017 models.

I'm guessing Sweetwater will have the older models at insane prices this Black Friday. I'd really love to get a se245.

There have been some pics of the Holcomb SE around recently, with the new logo. I already ordered a Holcomb mid of last month and I would like to get it as 2017 edition, too.
I sent those pic to my store and they confirmed.
That said, all the clips broadcasted recently by e.g. Andertons showed up with new Logo SEs. They have been delivered in the last days, therefore I assume all guitars which will get to the stores from now are 2017 models.

My SEMH is from the first run, and actually has no PRS markings. Just "SE Holcomb" and the blank truss rod cover - so I just put one of these on so it matches my SE Singlecut and SECU24. It is, however a f'ing awesome guitar.

Darn. I really wanted to get a Mahoney!

Here you go, a 1984 Mahoney for you.

latest

Here you go, a 1984 Mahoney for you.

latest

Interesting facts:

1) Police Academy is the origin story of Kim Catrall's Samantha Jones character from Sex In The City. Candace Bushnell was an uncredited writer on the screenplay and it's timeline is positioned in-between The Carrie Diaries and SITC.

2) Mike Duncan credits Police Academy as the main inspiration for his career choice. It's also the reason he unzips his pants whenever he approaches a podium.

Couldn't agree more with both your points. Would love to see the Bernies back in the SE line.

Only thing PRS needs to do now is substitute the nut for a TUSQ and I will be very happy.

It's as though we are of one mind.

I'd LOVE to get ahold of a new Bernie, and it would be awesome if they brought it back.

And I'm in full agreement about the Tusq nut. That's the first thing I do with all of the SE models I get.

New strings...and Tusq nut.

I don't mind the tuners. I think they're fine, for the most part. But the nut upgrade is a must, IMO.

Back