New SE Angelus A10E Tortoise Shell Owner

NCBandit

Hello All, I just received a new to me A10E purchased online sight unseen and couldn't be happier. I sold my 94 Taylor 912C a few months ago and started looking for an affordable acoustic with an acceptable sound. All I can say is this guitar surpassed all expectations. The Tortoise Shell color is incredible in person. Pictures do it no justice. I am blown away by the quality of the build and incredible sound. All the reviews I read were spot on. The only thing I am adding is a replacement truss rod cover with an inlay abalone eagle. Loving it.

Glad to hear you like the new guitar, especially after having a 912 for comparison.

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks and yes I was not expecting to be this excited about a guitar at this price point, but PRS definitely pulled it off. Amazing how this guitar doesn't need all the fancy bling, like the 912, to be a beautiful guitar. Just the amazing finish and cool bird inlays do the trick. Simple elegance at it's finest. This is my first PRS and now a fan for life. Next I want the SE "Floyd" Custom 24 in Gray/Black to replace my ailing Hamer Diablo. :)

I just got a 2015 of the same model and color. It really is a good guitar. I hope to upgrade my opinion to great after having played it a little while longer.

I just got a 2015 of the same model and color. It really is a good guitar. I hope to upgrade my opinion to great after having played it a little while longer.

Great to hear. I keep liking mine more and more. I now use Elixir Nanoweb 80/20 bronze which really brightened up the high end. They are expensive but last a long time. This guitar also sound incredible in open G tuning. The 3,4, & 5 strings sound so deep and rich when used as drones. I can't believe I waited 25 years of playing to experiment with alternate tuning. It just opened up so much more on the creativity front.

Great to hear. I keep liking mine more and more. I now use Elixir Nanoweb 80/20 bronze which really brightened up the high end. They are expensive but last a long time. This guitar also sound incredible in open G tuning. The 3,4, & 5 strings sound so deep and rich when used as drones. I can't believe I waited 25 years of playing to experiment with alternate tuning. It just opened up so much more on the creativity front.
I just slapped a set of those on mine last night!

I got the same in the new cherry sunbursts...looks great and sounds great. I put on the Martin M-130 (0115-.047) Custom, Silk and Steel Acoustic Guitar Strings and it sounds great and easy on my old fingers.

Back