New SE Angelus A10E Tortoise Shell Owner

Discussion in 'Acoustic Guitars' started by NCBandit, Aug 26, 2017.

1. NCBandit

NCBandit New Member

Hello All, I just received a new to me A10E purchased online sight unseen and couldn't be happier. I sold my 94 Taylor 912C a few months ago and started looking for an affordable acoustic with an acceptable sound. All I can say is this guitar surpassed all expectations. The Tortoise Shell color is incredible in person. Pictures do it no justice. I am blown away by the quality of the build and incredible sound. All the reviews I read were spot on. The only thing I am adding is a replacement truss rod cover with an inlay abalone eagle. Loving it.

Bongop and Dusty Chalk like this.
  2. veinbuster

veinbuster Coming of age

Glad to hear you like the new guitar, especially after having a 912 for comparison.

Welcome to the forum.

NCBandit likes this.
  3. NCBandit

NCBandit New Member

Thanks and yes I was not expecting to be this excited about a guitar at this price point, but PRS definitely pulled it off. Amazing how this guitar doesn't need all the fancy bling, like the 912, to be a beautiful guitar. Just the amazing finish and cool bird inlays do the trick. Simple elegance at it's finest. This is my first PRS and now a fan for life. Next I want the SE "Floyd" Custom 24 in Gray/Black to replace my ailing Hamer Diablo. :)

4. JimmyD

JimmyD New Member

I just got a 2015 of the same model and color. It really is a good guitar. I hope to upgrade my opinion to great after having played it a little while longer.

NCBandit likes this.
  5. NCBandit

NCBandit New Member

Great to hear. I keep liking mine more and more. I now use Elixir Nanoweb 80/20 bronze which really brightened up the high end. They are expensive but last a long time. This guitar also sound incredible in open G tuning. The 3,4, & 5 strings sound so deep and rich when used as drones. I can't believe I waited 25 years of playing to experiment with alternate tuning. It just opened up so much more on the creativity front.

Dusty Chalk likes this.
  6. JimmyD

JimmyD New Member

I just slapped a set of those on mine last night!

7. Alex Vasquez

Alex Vasquez New Member

I got the same in the new cherry sunbursts...looks great and sounds great. I put on the Martin M-130 (0115-.047) Custom, Silk and Steel Acoustic Guitar Strings and it sounds great and easy on my old fingers.