New S2 Studio!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
Anyone know of a pic of the S2 Standard 22 without a pickguard? Just wondering if it's a swimming pool rout or not.

You know, I opened mine up once so I could modify the coil split. I do not remember if it was or not. I want to say it was NOT a swimming pool route. I need to restring that guitar anyway. I'll pop it open again tonight and post a pic....

I get being disappointed if you can’t try one, but that’s one of those things.

No humans or animals are harmed in any way if they can’t buy a particular guitar. I’m sure you agree.

It’s simply a more efficient use of time and resources to make a small batch in a limited run, than to offer a myriad of options to folks on a model that would sell modestly, especially in the case of a guitar with a lower margin than the Core line.

If the timing doesn’t work, well, that’s a shame. At the same time, reasonable folks don’t want to see a company lose money or take unnecessary risks because they offered too many models. We PRS fans can be noisy and picky, but in the end we are reasonable folks.

That’s my take on it, anyway.

I think it's a brilliant business model:

Staple guitars at all major price points, limited runs at only slightly elevated prices at most price points, and private stock for the very particular. And amazingly, these largely match the demand for that model. I understand, for example, that I am in the minority in wanting maple necks on everything, so am willing to pay slightly more for it. I'm a little disappointed in the lack of purple and pink guitars at all price points, but that's true of most companies, so I don't blame PRS. I am a little disappointed in the lack of black guitars at every price point, that should just be a given, I don't understand why every guitar company doesn't do that. Solid black guitars will always be in demand, doesn't matter the model.

This is such a cool looking and sounding guitar. I love my Core Studio 22, and if i was to replace my Vela it would be with this. However, im happy with my Vela as its such a cool instrument, my something different, my Gretch that aint a Gretch if you will.

If they came out with a S2 Singlecut 7, even if it was just in a plain black, antique white and Frost Blue, it would be a 'Take my Cash' situation for me as i want another Singlecut, then i could get one of the UK Exclusive SE Custom Maple Necks for my C Standard/Drop B Guitar. The Limited Run idea is a brilliant one. Short maybe 500 unit runs, with 300 in the standard 3 colours, and then 200 in region specific colours as well. You could even have a limited run in Satin finishes as well. Otherwise, its a SE SVN and a S2 Singlecut, probably with mods to both of them.

Still trying to decide on a new one for me...

Maybe “Wing Nut” ??? (Obviously short for Winger Nut).
Or I could just go with the whole thing. “Winger Nut”.

So how does this sound? Does this have a nice ring to it? I’m not in marketing... how is this?

“Wing Nut & Sugar Pops” new album “Old Guys Metal” will be released this summer. Coming to an 8 Track near you!

Hmmm, I have freckles so I’ve never really been a dreamboat. But thanks for the kind remarks. :p

Still trying to decide on a new one for me...

Maybe “Wing Nut” ??? (Obviously short for Winger Nut).
Or I could just go with the whole thing. “Winger Nut”.

So how does this sound? Does this have a nice ring to it? I’m not in marketing... how is this?

“Wing Nut & Sugar Pops” new album “Old Guys Metal” will be released this summer. Coming to an 8 Track near you!

The album name should be "Razor Blades & Paperclips"

This. I saw a whole bunch of freshly routed S2 Standard models yesterday at the factory and they are NOT swimming pool routed. The cavity fits the pickups and the controls, that's it.

Wait, what? You saw what, when you were WHERE? You aren't some mole, are you? planted here to keep us all off guard on what's coming next or something. Just know...
im-watching-you.jpg

Wait, what? You saw what, when you were WHERE? You aren't some mole, are you? planted here to keep us all off guard on what's coming next or something.

Ha, no. My oldest daughter and I took the factory tour yesterday while my S2 Standard was having the pot replaced. I live about 1.5 hours north of Kent Island, so we figured we'd make the drive down there and it was WELL worth it. There is a LOT of care and human labor that goes into every PRS.

Ha, no. My oldest daughter and I took the factory tour yesterday while my S2 Standard was having the pot replaced. I live about 1.5 hours north of Kent Island, so we figured we'd make the drive down there and it was WELL worth it. There is a LOT of care and human labor that goes into every PRS.
Awesome! I hope to do that some day. Very cool that you got to take your daughter.

Back