New S2 Mira from MusiciansFriend shipped with wrong bridge?!

I've got 6 months to wait for my PS 594. Never having played but one used SC245 for all of 2 minutes in a local GC, and that being the only PRS I have played, I wanted to get one to get used to the scale length and basic feel. While the S2 Satin 24 is a touch longer then the 594, it is more similar then playing a guitar from a different company...if I can get used to it.

While I have owned a lot of shorter scale Gibson guitars, in the last 8 years all of my current guitars are 25 1/2", 24 frets and they all have plenty of room in the upper register. These shorter scale guitars now all feel smallish to me any longer. And the 10" radius is not as flat as I am currently used too. I'm glad I ordered my 594 with the flatter radius board!

Having tried a lot of different guitars in the last 18 months to see if I prefer any one of them more then my current guitars, and just for variation, I have learned that I keep trying S-types and T- types mostly due to the scale length and the way they let me play jazz chords in the more weird shapes up at the first fret without the end of the headstock cramping my hand.

I have three of the below-pictured guitars for my # 1's, each with slightly different pickups. At 5 pounds, and more comfortable then any other guitar I have ever played, I love these things! Too bad they are no longer made! :( They are one-piece chassis, and all hollow carbon fiber.
timthumb.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Back