NEW PS Pauls guitar

New 50 piece PS Pauls guitar with Perny neck Braz board and new locking TREM!:bawling:
lockingsaddles001_zpsd6a1b704.jpg

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;50919 said:
I've been trying to determine which guitars to send to the chopping block all evening. It's not going well.
DITTO

OK, I think I see little screws holding the strings in place in the saddles on the Carlos guitar. Maybe I'm wrong.

Would there also be a locking nut, like a Floyd system?

I don't think there is a locking nut on Carlos' guitar. It could lock at the trem and at the tuners.
Since the tuners are locking you won't need fine tuners as well. Sounds like a great idea!

I don't think there is a locking nut on Carlos' guitar. It could lock at the trem and at the tuners.
Since the tuners are locking you won't need fine tuners as well. Sounds like a great idea!
I, for one, will be upgrading all of my trems to those saddles when/if they ever come available.

I'll be upgrading as well. This sorta reminds me of the Floyd that Fender used on the Strat Ultras - low profile, no crazy routing needed, and looks fairly stock. Very cool. Though from Shawn's post I get the impression that MAYBE this should not have leaked just yet...somewhere in a factory in Maryland I'll bet there are some people scrambling to find the leak....:eek:

I like it.

I haven't really found a need for a locking trem with my PRSes over the years.

The Carlos trem looks like a really workable idea without the hassle of a Floyd, though.

I hope nobody gets into hot water over this.It was my understanding that PRS was taking advance orders through their dealers.

Sounds awesome. Shame my 2013 guitar budget was spent during 2012. Here to 2014! :biggrin:

Last edited:
I haven't really found a need for a locking trem with my PRSes over the years.
/QUOTE]

Me neither, I did bottomed out dive-bombs for years and never had a problem. I'll have to skip this advancement, I will never use an allen wrench for anything but Ikea furniture again!

Not my cup of tea. One of the big advantages of the PRS trem + winged/phase II/phase III is how quickly a broken string can be changed, with no tools except a pick (I use Dunlop Jazz IIIs, although I just found out you can crack the Ultex ones). The addition of locking saddles for me defeats this advantage as you now need another tool.

The PRS trem is perfectly functional (for me) as is, but having said that if this somehow improves the tone (e.g. by pushing the string in harder against the bare brass of the saddle) and all that was needed was a screwdriver (I keep one on stage anyway) then I would reconsider.

It's going to be tough to sit on the sidelines and watch this run sell-out. The timing, for me, couldn't be worse. :(

Back