New Private Stock Day for Mr. 11top!

Brian G

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
Hey folks!
11top requested that I host some pictures and tell the tale of this incredible PS build. Here we go!

Here is a pic of the top that I chose from the Vault, Steve had to have it! One of the strongest one piece quilts I have ever come across. We had spec'd it out for store stock as an SC245 with a blue/green type of finish color.

IMG_0585.jpg

We chatted quite a bit about finish color. Both of us were a big fan on Sandstorm and we wanted to tweak that idea a bit. Steve came up with the idea of a fade that starts with Honey Gold on the lower bout and fades all the way to natural. Dave C. nailed it.

4471-002.jpg

The inlay ideas on this piece were very cool. I recently had a PS built for myself with Leopard Jasper birds, first time that material had ever been used. Steve wondered how it might look with Leopard Jasper headstock Eagle and honey Jasper birds - SUCCESS! Oh, did I mention Steve wanted the 20th anniversary inlays to start at the 7th fret? Very cool.

DSC_8430.jpg

DSC_8431.jpg

Last edited:
On to the neck..
This guitar was spec'd to have a Cocobolo neck, but, they werent out of the oven yet. As soon as they came out I picked the gnarliest and sappiest one they had.

DSC_8433.jpg

Oh yeah, and we considered a maple heel cap...but Steve suggested a Leopard Jasper heel cap. How cool is this? Check out the sliver you can see in the pocket.

DSC_8435.jpg

Some swirly Cocobolo backplates to cap off the body

DSC_8436.jpg

And a couple more shots...

4471-004.jpg

DSC_8427.jpg

DSC_8418.jpg

One of my favorite PS builds to date, thanks so much Steve for joining me on the fun!
Something tells me a TON of people will be seeing more of this beauty in January/February...but Ill leave that as a surprise. ENJOY!

Yeah buddy! That is one sexy PS. Great job , Brian and Steve!

Something tells me a TON of people will be seeing more of this beauty in January/February...but Ill leave that as a surprise. ENJOY!

Its no surprise, that calendar was made just for Steve to keep track of his builds. Hes just nice enough to let PRS print more and sell em! haha

What a killer guitar Phennnnn!

Its no surprise, that calendar was made just for Steve to keep track of his builds. Hes just nice enough to let PRS print more and sell em! haha

What a killer guitar Phennnnn!

Or am I even talking about the calendar? dun Dun DUNNNNNNNNNNN

These were the available neck blanks. It didn't take long to decide. :dancing:

Big thanks to Brian. He is truly gifted at putting these works of art together, and a nice guy with whom to work. He sure did pick out a nice top!!! And, I'm not even generally a 1 piece top fan. :creep:

And, thanks to the PS team! Are these guys pros or what?

Last edited:
A true 11 Top...... And back..... And neck!!!

Steve and I must have spent 3 days agonising over this color!! It turned out perfect buddy!!

A true 11 Top...... And back..... And neck!!!

Steve and I must have spent 3 days agonising over this color!! It turned out perfect buddy!!

Yes we did Tim. It just shows how much I respect your opinion. You have put together some of the nicest guitars on this planet, my friend (Australia is on this planet, right?).

That is absolutely beautiful... I dig it Steve!!! Congrats!!!

And now I know who to call when I'm ready for my first PS, Brian is tha man!!!

My girlfriend came in the room, saw the bare quilt top, and from a few feet back said "WOW! What is that?? Is that the shroud of Turin?"
I couldn't figure out what she was talking about, til I stepped back, and sure enough - thats a face in there. I dont see it as much in the finished guitar, I'm distracted by how great the guitar looks! I bet that thing is a beast!

Yes we did Tim. It just shows how much I respect your opinion. You have put together some of the nicest guitars on this planet, my friend (Australia is on this planet, right?).

Rock on Bro!!!!

These PS threads are not helping my GAS for a PS... what a beautiful work, congrats!

Back