New Phenomenon

kes7u

Wife's husband and Dog's dad
I have been buying and playing guitars for 4 years now. I have a collection of 8 guitars that I am very attached to. Up until this point, I have been very happy and satisfied with rotating through the collection and moving on to a new guitar every week.

Until now. I just cannot put away my newest Private Stock. It has been over a month now, and I haven't been able to convince myself to put it away and pick up the next one! This has not happened to me before. I really can't point to one thing, as it is everything. The look. The feel. The glorious sound.

Can I expect this to fade at some point and allow me to move on to my other guitars?!?!?!?

(obligatory pictures)
R61JMKJ.jpg
zM2VEZ0.jpg

I've been playing a new to me McSoapy for about 6 months straight. Last night I brought out my 2000 SC for the first time in a long time. You'll go back when you feel it. No need to worry, they won't be mad at you for neglecting them...;)

That is killer looking tell us more about it please !!!!!

I have been buying and playing guitars for 4 years now. I have a collection of 8 guitars that I am very attached to. Up until this point, I have been very happy and satisfied with rotating through the collection and moving on to a new guitar every week.

Until now. I just cannot put away my newest Private Stock. It has been over a month now, and I haven't been able to convince myself to put it away and pick up the next one! This has not happened to me before. I really can't point to one thing, as it is everything. The look. The feel. The glorious sound.

Can I expect this to fade at some point and allow me to move on to my other guitars?!?!?!?

(obligatory pictures)
R61JMKJ.jpg
zM2VEZ0.jpg

I've been playing a new to me McSoapy for about 6 months straight. Last night I brought out my 2000 SC for the first time in a long time. You'll go back when you feel it. No need to worry, they won't be mad at you for neglecting them...;)

I'm with AP on this one. Don't fret, or do anything foolish!

Holy Carp!!

I'd only put that down to stare and drool at it! And then pick it right back up again and play it more. I wonder how long it would be before I was missed at meal times...?

This is not your only PS, correct? If not, you many have just hit the winning combination of specs, woods and pickups for your tastes. I have my one PS that I've had for 2 years now. The first year I only played other guitars when I was forced to(different tuning, double tracking while recording). Still, 95% of my time is on that one guitar. I'll pick up another for a short time here and there but it never lasts. I figure I should start earning how to do fret work soon and practice on my old beaters because I'm not sure how I'd part with this one long enough to get any work done on it.

That's a stellar looking guitar you got!

If not, you many have just hit the winning combination of specs, woods and pickups for your tastes.

Could be very much this. Coupled with the fact that we always want to play the "new thing" especially when it's a REALLY nice new thing! Heck, some people would compare that to getting a Ferrari or something.

Of course not. No more than I'd say I don't enjoy playing the C24 on the left. But (if weather is permitting) I'm pretty sure you're enjoying that new ride more. I know I would. In fact, I'm loving the heck out of mine and it's only a Camaro!

That is some ridiculously beautiful quilt in that top and the finish is so good!

Enjoy
It is really funny that you mention the quilt. I agree that the quilt is stunning. At the time I was choosing the woods, I was THIS CLOSE to walking away because I didn't think any of the currently available PS Quilts were THAT impressive. In the end, I chose the best of the bunch and crossed my fingers. When I finally got the pictures, I was floored as to how nice it was. Sometimes you just can't tell without the finish applied.

Kevin

Back