New/Old Album Cover Day...AMAZING TECHNOLGY REVEALED!!

docbennett

Banned
I have been trying to score an original "Yesterday & Today" Butcher cover for years. It was the perfect complement to my Rock-Basement. I finally bought one that was acceptable from both a price and condition vantage point. The album dates back over 47 years....and I thought you'd all be interested in the State-of-the-Art technology that RCA Victor was revealing at the time on the inner sleeve!

100_5730.jpg

100_5732.jpg

100_5733.jpg

100_5734.jpg

100_5731.jpg

Not to mention the great bargain if you wanted them to send you a catalog of current albums...

100_5735.jpg

Oh...and here is the infamous "Butcher Cover"..
...3rd state, which means a peeled version of the album that had the "trunk" cover pasted over it.

100_5736.jpg

100_5738.jpg

Very cool...I acquired a few Album frames from a craft shop years ago and have been rotating my old Albums through as Music Room Decor. Currently, Beatle VI, with a stamped "Promo" in upper right corner, very interesting piece I got dirt cheap, Led Zep IV (because its Led Zep IV), Styx "Cornerstone", because it was purchased by my parents during a trip they took to Geece years ago, and it opens differently then the American version of the same album. I also have a spinning 8-Track holder on one of my speakers, as decor only LOL, with the various Oldies but Goodies...Pink Floyd, Rush, Led Zep, and Kiss...

While I was pleased to score the Butcher cover...to be honest...I got the biggest laugh from reading that inner sleeve, and seeing how RCA describes this amazing new way to listen to your music uninterupted...yup...those 8-track cassettes are a real reminder of the early '70's....I always hated that format and never used it. I can recall listening to tapes in my friend's car and getting pissed off when the tracks did not coincide with the flow of the album. Specifically remember how "Band on the Run" had somewhat of a haphazard lineup of tunes, so that "Picasso's last words" somehow directly followed "Jet". Never seemed to feel right.

While I was pleased to score the Butcher cover...to be honest...I got the biggest laugh from reading that inner sleeve, and seeing how RCA describes this amazing new way to listen to your music uninterupted...yup...those 8-track cassettes are a real reminder of the early '70's....I always hated that format and never used it. I can recall listening to tapes in my friend's car and getting pissed off when the tracks did not coincide with the flow of the album. Specifically remember how "Band on the Run" had somewhat of a haphazard lineup of tunes, so that "Picasso's last words" somehow directly followed "Jet". Never seemed to feel right.

For me, it was the 8 track middle-of-the-song track switching interuption of "Renegade" off Styx Pieces of 8...drove me nuts.

I had a snazzy new 'Vette that came with an 8 track back in the day. I had exactly one tape for it, "The Cars." Sounded so awful that I never bought another 8 track and finally switched over to a cassette.

Fun car, though. The lug nuts weighed more than my entire Alfa that preceded it, but that car could go like stink despite how heavy it was.

During my freshman year of college ('73), one of the guys on my floor at the dorm had DSotM going 24/7 on his 8 track at a just audible volume. I used to go into his room and read to the music. I read The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy that semester and to this day I still get visions of scenes from the books in my head when I hear anything from DSothM. It is kinda cool, because I never know when something will come on the radio and suddenly I see the Misty Mountains or orcs or Mordor or some other scene in my head...

During my freshman year of college ('73), one of the guys on my floor at the dorm had DSotM going 24/7 on his 8 track at a just audible volume. I used to go into his room and read to the music. I read The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy that semester and to this day I still get visions of scenes from the books in my head when I hear anything from DSothM. It is kinda cool, because I never know when something will come on the radio and suddenly I see the Misty Mountains or orcs or Mordor or some other scene in my head...

Is it true that DSotM synchs up with the Wizard of Oz perfectly?

Back