New music preview

BWV548

Custom Title
Last week I started composing for the first time since 94 or 95; these past 12 months or so have been a sort of musical rebirth for me
This is an early sketch of the introductory measures of what will be a sort of concerto for orchestra and electric guitar. My plan is to finish it around July/August (September latest). The solo part will be written with a difficulty that pushes my skills; so it won’t be a concerto for a virtuoso. I’ll learn to play it, roughly, as I write it, and polish the playing after. My goal is to find an orchestra to play it with , late 2019 or 2020/2021. If, that doesn’t materialise, then I’ll look to put together a “pickup” orchestra, like i did with my B minor Mass performance last August.
Though there are no PRSs represented in this clip, the performance will most definitely feature PRS- my PS will be done before year’s end.

https://soundcloud.com/david-rapoport-244982614/guit-concerto-sketch-1-v1-3/s-8r1uA

NB: the last chord that you’ll hear, is just a placeholder for the harmony at the guitar’s first entrance.

Back