New Member? Welcome! Info about your new account inside

Hi, I'm a Noobie here this is my first post and I'm not certain I'm doing it right. I'm sure someone will let me know. Most of the 50+ years I've been playing has been on an acoustic doing rhythm (3 Martins). I've recently been moving into electric lead/rhythm. I have a Rickenbacker semi-hollow and I do love it but I've been coveting a friends PRS... and wow that puppy does sing! He couldn't tell me the model name or number he just said it's a '97 and it ain't cheap. (?) ... So I guess I'm starting my research from here and won't purchase anything until I learn a whole lot more from you folks. My groups play mostly classic old rock n roll, Blues, rhythm n blues, country rock and some steely dan which I don't think really has a genre.

Hi all,

New here as well but I've been lurking for months. I've been on the hunt for a PRS for close to a year and finally found the right one. Bought a Private Stock McCarty SC594 today & got a sweet (no pun intended) deal from Nick over at Sweetwater.

Similar background to Tandro, was a bass player in a few bands back in the 80's & 90's. Fiddled with my acoustic guitar around campfires and such. Got serious about improving my playing & theory last year as therapy and have thoroughly enjoyed being immersed in music again.

Exciting times ahead, I can feel it!!!

Hi all,

New here as well but I've been lurking for months. I've been on the hunt for a PRS for close to a year and finally found the right one. Bought a Private Stock McCarty SC594 today & got a sweet (no pun intended) deal from Nick over at Sweetwater.

Similar background to Tandro, was a bass player in a few bands back in the 80's & 90's. Fiddled with my acoustic guitar around campfires and such. Got serious about improving my playing & theory last year as therapy and have thoroughly enjoyed being immersed in music again.

Exciting times ahead, I can feel it!!!

Hi Chris. Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your incoming!

Hi all,

Have to like someone who jumps right in with a Private Stock.

Hi Chris. Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your incoming!

Thank you bodia!

Have to like someone who jumps right in with a Private Stock.

I didn't plan on buying a PS model right away, I was actually looking for a standard Custom 24...but after seeing that model & thinking about how much I really enjoyed playing a few McCartys, I had to. Itched at me for a week.

Hi Guys and I Hope Some Gals,
I met Paul back in October at an event for Bryan's Guitars at the Oakdale in CT. I had seen his TedX talk and was sold on the man and his philosophies. To find that he was just as real in person made me bite and I did not regret it. Bought a 277 Baritone and loved it. Now I have an '08 Custom (24) SE. Unparalleled intonation!!! Neck is like butter! And having 2 full and fully accessible octaves per string is amazing. I love the extra cut in the cuttaway. It really makes those top notes very usable.

Hi Guys and I Hope Some Gals,
I met Paul back in October at an event for Bryan's Guitars at the Oakdale in CT. I had seen his TedX talk and was sold on the man and his philosophies. To find that he was just as real in person made me bite and I did not regret it. Bought a 277 Baritone and loved it. Now I have an '08 Custom (24) SE. Unparalleled intonation!!! Neck is like butter! And having 2 full and fully accessible octaves per string is amazing. I love the extra cut in the cuttaway. It really makes those top notes very usable.

You're talking me in to a 277. You must belong here!

New guy here, i probably should have ended up here years ago, I've been collecting rare prs guitars since
2009 ...... now if i could just figure out how to post pics (whats an image url anyways)

New guy here, i probably should have ended up here years ago, I've been collecting rare prs guitars since
2009 ...... now if i could just figure out how to post pics (whats an image url anyways)

Welcome to the Forum. You need to upload your pics to a photo sharing site like Photobucket or Flickr first. Then you can use the button on the tool bar, or copy/paste the pic from said site.

Hey everyone. Infreaks here, I'm a newbie to PRS Forum. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone who is willing to help out a total rooky. I'm looking to acquire my first PRSi. I play nu metal, love hip hop, fusion, jazz, blues, rock and progressive metal.

Have a good day :)

Welcome to the Forum! You'll get plenty of "help" around here with respect to purchasing your first. And you're second, and your third, and, and, and....;)

Welcome to the forum and thanks for signing up!

In an effort to prevent certain types of spammers, new users will be prevented from using Private Messaging and having custom signatures associated with your posts. After you've participated in the forum (10 posts), all normal functionality will be open to you, so quit lurking!
Hi Admin. Just received my PRS ce24 yesterday. I'm so pleased to have bought it. Did my first bit of playing this afternoon. Sounds super and it stayed in tune! Hope to gain some knowledge from the forum! Thanks Barry"O".

Hi, all!

I'm new to the forum, and new to PRS as well. I got a PRS over the weekend, and it's my 12th guitar.

I know some things about it, but I'm looking for more information, since I like to know as much as possible. Because what I know about it is limited, finding more info on the PRS website has been difficult. What I do know is this:

2014 Custom
24 Fret
Artist Pack
Fretboard is blond; heard it was "fired maple," but probably "figured maple"
Quilted maple top [don't know the color, as I'm partially color-blind]
PRS trem
59/09 pickups

Also, the neck is REALLY thin, so the struggles that I have with my relatively small fingers on my other guitars doesn't exist here. Imagine those Jimi Hendrix spider-leg fingers wrapping around the neck. That's what it feels like, and it's a rather unique sensation for me.

Don't know if I can post images yet [will try one for starters], or if I have to get past the 3-post or 10-post mark, but I'll try. Also, if this is the wrong place, then I'll repost in the right place later. Please consider this my introduction to the forum. Glad to be here.

01 by Dan S, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi all,

I've been lurking for approx. a year now and finally decided to take the plunge and join. I am a total rookie (I've been taking lessons for a year) but I fell in love with PRS guitars from the moment that black s2 custom 24 called my name from the tippy top of the wall at Guitar Center. Ever since then, I've been on a quest... This quest has led me to 408s, McCartys, SEs, DC3s, SAS NFs, and an incoming 513. I would struggle to tell you my favorite; I love them all. Dont make me choose. Please. Have mercy.

I'm in a guitar recovery program at the moment so in order for me to acquire any additional guitars, I have to move one on its way (hence moving my multi-foil SAS a few months ago... had to make room for a 408). Its sad but I need rules. Lol.

You can usually find me drooling at Dave's Guitar shop on my free weekends.

See you guys around!

Hi all,

I've been lurking for approx. a year now and finally decided to take the plunge and join. I am a total rookie (I've been taking lessons for a year) but I fell in love with PRS guitars from the moment that black s2 custom 24 called my name from the tippy top of the wall at Guitar Center. Ever since then, I've been on a quest... This quest has led me to 408s, McCartys, SEs, DC3s, SAS NFs, and an incoming 513. I would struggle to tell you my favorite; I love them all. Dont make me choose. Please. Have mercy.

I'm in a guitar recovery program at the moment so in order for me to acquire any additional guitars, I have to move one on its way (hence moving my multi-foil SAS a few months ago... had to make room for a 408). Its sad but I need rules. Lol.

See you guys around!

Welcome, and you've got the fever just as bad as about everyone here.

Hi all,

See you guys around!

I suffer from the same affliction! Welcome to the Forum

Back