New Member? Welcome! Info about your new account inside

Howdy!

Just bought my first PRS! It's an S2 Vela, semi-hollow reclaimed wood edition. I love it, but has anyone had any trouble with it staying in tune?? Thing falls out of tune every couple of minutes seconds, its weird.

That’s unusual for PRS!

I know it’s obvious -

1. Do you tune up to each note on each string?

2. Are the strings stretched properly (played in)?

3. Are the string gauge suitable for the nut slots?

Howdy!

Just bought my first PRS! It's an S2 Vela, semi-hollow reclaimed wood edition. I love it, but has anyone had any trouble with it staying in tune?? Thing falls out of tune every couple of minutes seconds, its weird.

Hey Ricky - can you create a new thread for this in the Electric Guitars forum? A lot more people will see it and you'll likely get the answer you need. Although Alnus has hit the first questions I'd have asked as well (in truth, I might not have asked about string gauge).

Silly question - is it going flat? Is it possible the locking tuners aren't tightened correctly? (And yeah, I realize I just told you to post this in the electric forum, and here I am answering!)

Hey Ricky - can you create a new thread for this in the Electric Guitars forum? A lot more people will see it and you'll likely get the answer you need. Although Alnus has hit the first questions I'd have asked as well (in truth, I might not have asked about string gauge).

Silly question - is it going flat? Is it possible the locking tuners aren't tightened correctly? (And yeah, I realize I just told you to post this in the electric forum, and here I am answering!)

I'll repost in the electric guitars forum! Yes it keeps dropping! Thanks!

Just saying hello. Picked up a 2013 PRS SE Angelus Custom earlier this week and dropped by to learn more about it. I am, though, in love with this sound.

Hey there, i have a Custom 24 in charcoal burst on order from zzounds and is supposed to ship April 8th. Been waiting forever lol. Been playing my Gibson les Paul standard for many years and picking up a custom was a life changer. Was debating between a Custom 24 and an EBMM JP15 but prefer the radius of the PRS IMHO. Also have a DW CE 24 Floyd on order as well....whoops.

Last edited:
I just received my first prs s2 custom 24 in violin Amber sunburst, and it's awesome. Now if only I knew how to play a guitar......

Hi, everyone!

I recently purchased my first PRS guitar . . . a Reclaimed Limited S2 Vela Semi-Hollow and it's amazing. Quickly becoming my fave.

Glad to join the forum and I'm looking forward to keeping up with all things PRS and being amazed every step of the way.

Thank you to PRS employees like Shawn and Hunter for providing info and drool-worthy photos from Stevensville.

Last edited:
Hi, everyone!

I recently purchased my first PRS guitar . . . a Reclaimed Limited S2 Vela Semi-Hollow and it's amazing. Quickly becoming my fave.

Glad to join the forum and I'm looking forward to keeping up with all things PRS and being amazed every step of the way.

Thank you to PRS employees like Shawn and Hunter for providing info and drool-worthy photos from Stevensville.

Congrats on your first! You picked a good one, too! Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: SLY
Congrats on your first! You picked a good one, too! Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome! From what I've seen so far, everyone's really cool in this forum.

Yeah, I'm already checking out Core guitars and, man, those Private Stock photos . . . lol. I see more PRS guitars in my future.

Thanks for the welcome! From what I've seen so far, everyone's really cool in this forum.

Yeah, I'm already checking out Core guitars and, man, those Private Stock photos . . . lol. I see more PRS guitars in my future.

It's a pretty chill spot. Not too much drama. Every once in a while, just to spice things up!

Careful, the slope is slippery. Take comfort in knowing that if you tumble, you be at the bottom with the rest of us. The addiction is real!

Hi, everyone!

Welcome to the Enablers Club! So...what's your next PRSi gonna be?? Huh? Huh? ;)

Welcome to the Enablers Club! So...what's your next PRSi gonna be?? Huh? Huh? ;)

Thanks for the welcome!

I think I may have to work my way up slowly, so probably a Core (not sure which model) and ultimately I want to design some images and concepts for a Private Stock. I'm in serious trouble. lol. Looking at your impressive list of PRS gear, you speak from experience!

the slope is slippery.

Thanks for the welcome!

I think I may have to work my way up slowly, so probably a Core (not sure which model) and ultimately I want to design some images and concepts for a Private Stock. I'm in serious trouble. lol. Looking at your impressive list of PRS gear, you speak from experience!

It is a slippery slope indeed!

Back